Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone want to dive friday or saturday? (Otter tail county area)
07-27-2010, 08:53 AM,
Anyone want to dive friday or saturday? (Otter tail county area)
I'd like to dive this weekend.  I probably shouldn't go Sunday since its my wifes bday but I'm up for sometime friday afternoon or anytime saturday.  Its been a while since I've dove so I'd like a nice easy refresher trip.  Maybe a couple dives.

Eagle lake is nice around there, other than that I don't know.

I have a contact at faith haven camp, we can dive from their I'm sure.

07-27-2010, 10:27 AM,
Re: Anyone want to dive friday or saturday? (Otter tail county area)
That Eagle Lake in southern Otter Tail Co. looks like a great lake to go diving.. secchi readings are very good.  It's a bit of a drive from where I'm usually at over there in Ottertail and it looks like I'm off in a different direction this weekend or I would try and meet you for a dive.  If the lake information included carp or buffalo fish in the report I'd really put an effort into getting to that lake sometime.
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-27-2010, 10:38 AM,
Freediver where are you from?

I dove that lake on my one and only night dive and it was really nice.  Very clear and was a lot of fun.  I'm in moorhead and don't mind driving an hour to an hour and a half or so.  I'm open to suggestions if you want to make it out some time.
07-27-2010, 11:16 AM,
I'm in Hillsboro, between Fargo and Grand Forks but get to the Dent/Vergas area quite often.. can't always get into the water because of so much family but try to go as often as I can (freediving, anyway).  I actually (almost hate to admit this) purchased a scuba tank this spring and have even used it 1 and 1/2 times.  So, I can scuba or freedive, just depending.  Freediving is still winning out though.
Fred
07-27-2010, 12:26 PM,
I've never tried freediving, sounds like fun though!
07-27-2010, 05:36 PM,
Eagle by Ashby is normally very clear.  The sunfish will attack though.

Clitheral  by Battle Lake has been good.

Six and Seven near Vergas are good.

Bad Medicine would be a great freediving lake.  Lots of stuff to see in 10 to 50 feet of water.  And some honking big rough fish.

I'm more interested in diving lakes that aren't all that fantastic since there is more of a chance of finding something interesting.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
07-27-2010, 06:03 PM,
Ballfrog-  You around to go to any of those lakes this weekend?  Or anywhere else?
07-27-2010, 08:17 PM,
Fred - Any chance you'd like to get out some time with a non free diver and show him the ropes.  I think it would be fun, I've just never done it.
07-27-2010, 08:32 PM,

Sometimes that's what freediving is all about.. just going up and down the rope.  ;D (I actually have lots of video of the rope) I'd gladly show you the basics and I think you would be surprised how good freediving is.  Careful though, you might end up using a tank only 1 or 2 times a year after that.
Fred
07-28-2010, 07:22 AM,
There is a chance I'll be available on Sunday, but I'm scheduled for working dives through Saturday.  I'll let you know.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain