Remember me
Lost Password Register

Tank holder idea...
05-24-2002, 09:15 AM,
Tank holder idea...
I just had an idea for a 'do it yourself' tank holder.<br><br>OK, you know those popular foam pool toys they have at Wal-Mart, etc that are long and round? Why not cut one of those in 4 equal sections, run some nylon rope through it and call it a tank holder? Here's the picture that gave me the idea:<br>http://www.mnscuba.com/images/holder.jpg<br><br>Anyone else have some ideas?
05-24-2002, 09:34 AM,
Re: Tank holder idea...
Yeah, that's a cool idea.  My instructor had something very similar to that only instead of foam his was made of PVC pipe.
05-24-2002, 12:31 PM,
<br>I have a green rubbermaid container that is about 4" high, 6" longer than a standard AL80 and wide enough to fit two AL80 tanks perfectly.  I think it was designed to hold christmas ornaments.  The main benefit is that it holds water.
--Jason
05-31-2002, 09:36 AM,
I made a two tank holder with PVC pipe and rope -  very inexpensive. Works great, wish I made it for four tanks. A friend of mine made one with the swim toys. It works good also. I like the rubbermaid idea. I'll have to try. I have all my dive equipment in plastic containers. It makes it nice for loading into vehicles and storing in the basement.<br><br>Derrick
05-31-2002, 12:57 PM,
I think the pool noodles would work fine although you might have to replace them every couple of years since they do not seem to be very durable. The ones I have are a little chewed up just from being used for swimming.<br><br>A few months ago Scuba Diving Mag rated tank carriers. They rated the PVC pipe type highly. They liked that the commercial PVC pipe unit used a couple "O" rings around the pipe to give a nice non slip surface. I will probably make one myself and use I" sections of bicycle innertubes for the non slip surface. The way the tanks store in my van I want to be able to slide the tanks sideways off the carrier.
Leon