Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gator wraps for drysuits
03-19-2003, 11:11 AM,
Gator wraps for drysuits
Anyone using gator wraps with their drysuit and if so do they work good?
03-19-2003, 12:44 PM,
Re:Gator wraps for drysuits
I heard someone talking about them, said they like 'em. Was that you Joel? (When we went to that dive shop that was closing down...)
03-19-2003, 01:17 PM,
I have a set if someone wants to try them. The problem that I had with them is that the air will get past them into the boots. When ascending the air would like to get back past them to the upper part of the suit. The gaitors prevent that. So, I was ending up with really floaty feet. To solve the problem I changed the boots on the suit to socks and now use rock boots. Now I can get the air out the legs by just straightening them out. I would like to try a 40' or deeper dive just to see if there is any need for the gaitors anymore. If not I will have a pair for sale.

I still think that gaitors are a good idea. I don't think that they need to be shrink wrap tight though and that may have been part of my problem. I really like the rock boots though.

JoelW
03-19-2003, 05:30 PM,
Joel, I might be interested in trying them to see if they make a difference. I'll have a new suit this spring with attached boots.
--Jason