Remember me
Lost Password Register

CPR found to be somewhat effective with compression's only
09-13-2010, 01:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2010, 02:01 PM by BigC.)
Re: CPR found to be somewhat effective with compression's only
I would like to see those new paddles, sounds like a good idea. More efficient than my old Lifepack 12. What are they using now-a-days for the portable monitors?  It has been 4 yrs since I have been in the back of a bus, but isn't it 3 minutes with No O2 and the brain cells start dying off......if I remember correctly. I know during my 9 yrs there were many times I wish I could have been there within the "golden" 5 so we could have used the Eppi and Atropine a little more effectively instead of doing something besides more scenario CPR on a real person.

Those new paddles, will you be able to administer shock or cardiovert with them, or are they just for the compressions?

Man do I miss it. I left because of burnout. Working rural and city 6 on 3 off, 2 units for 144 hr shifts. Then on days off fighting fires. I am thinking of volunteering with my city Dept, my dive shop owner is on and when I am there we listen to his pager and man does the blood get pumping again. It's a passion for sure.
&quot;Gentle determination is the true strength of a man&quot;<br />My Mom<br />1946 ~ 2001<br />Cancer is not a faceless disease

Messages In This Thread
Re: CPR found to be somewhat effective with compression's only - by BigC - 09-13-2010, 01:58 PM