Remember me
Lost Password Register

August 13-15 Treasure Hunt at the Crosby/Ironton mine pits Win over $3000 prizes
07-29-2010, 09:55 AM,
August 13-15 Treasure Hunt at the Crosby/Ironton mine pits Win over $3000 prizes
Northwest Divers is excited to invite you to participate in our 2010 Treasure Hunt located at the mine pits near Crosby/Ironton, MN. Last year the mine pits had up to forty feet of visibility. This is our eighth year hosting this event and will be the biggest and best. We are giving away numerous prizes worth thousands of dollars.  Some of the prizes given away include a DUI Weight & Trim, Scubapro's new Seawing Nova fin, wet suits, fins, apparel and much more.

All you have to do is register for the event find a clip underwater and you win a prize. Last year everyone who registered won a prize. Most everything you'd like to know about the event is listed below.

About the Event & Facility
Join us for a weekend of diving, snorkeling, camping, hiking and just plain fun.  Bring along the whole family!  All activities will begin at noon on Friday and continue into Sunday.   Air fills will be available on site for $8 per fill.  Tanks must have current hydrostatic test dates and visual inspection stickers including Visual Eddy testing for Aluminum tanks.

We will be staying at the Cuyuna Country Campground located on Portsmouth Mine.  To get there take Co Rd 30 out of Crosby/Ironton north about one mile and follow the signs to the campground.  Crosby/Ironton is located east of Brainerd, MN  about 15 miles on highway 210.  To see a map of the Crosby/Ironton area scroll to the bottom of this page.  I have reserved a group campsite for the weekend and am taking a $24 deposit to hold campsites for interested parties.  The group campsite is the only campsite that can be reserved.  Contact Northwest Divers to reserve your campsite.  All other campsites are first come first served so arrive early if you don't wish to take advantage of the group campsite.  Cost for the campground is $12 per night for a basic site and $!6 per night for a site with electricity.  A State Park Vehicle Permit is $5 per day or $25 per year and is required to enter the campground.

Note: As of now the shower house is operational at the campground.  Wahoo!!!
Registration

Registration begins on Friday at  noon and runs until Sunday at noon.   Prizes will be given away at 2pm on Sunday.  Cost for registration will be $25.00.  There will be a free lunch for all registered entrants on Saturday afternoon.  Cost for non registered lunch participants will be $3.00.  Registration is open to divers, swimmers and snorkelers.  Divers must present a certification card!   You will also need to complete a liability release form.  A parent or guardian who can sign the appropriate forms must accompany participants under 18.

Treasure Hunt Rules

Here are the rules, there aren't many so have a great time and find some PRIZES!!!

Collect only ONE clip per registered diver or snorkeler unless otherwise notified.

Must have clips back to registration booth by noon Sunday afternoon!

No mass clip collecting.

Please do not move clips from their specified hiding places.

DIVE FLAGS REQUIRED WHILE DIVING!!!

Go to our website for more info
Rick Van Raden<br />Northwest Divers<br />218 233-6088