Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pinnacel wet gloves
08-02-2010, 05:26 AM,
Pinnacel wet gloves
Any body have or use the 6mm merino wool wet glove by Pinnacel? My girlfriends hads get cold and I was thinking this might be the answer. I've heard good things about the merino lined wet and dry suits.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
08-02-2010, 06:13 AM,
Re: Pinnacel wet gloves
i use semi-dry gloves.. might want to look at them, they have the fold under flap to seal out water
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
08-02-2010, 07:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2010, 07:43 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: Pinnacle wet gloves
I don't know much about the merino lined gloves, but I use the Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch 7MM neoprene gloves and my hands only got cold once. The one time they got cold was my own fault. The day before an ice dive, I put my gloves over a "PEET Boot Dryer" on the round tubes and they stretched the wrists out just enough to pump water into the gloves. Otherwise on about 45 - 50 ice dives I have been using the same pair. The fingers started to wear through from muck diving so I spread a layer of Aqua Seal over all the fingertips to give them some more durability. Doing this I probably lost a bit of sensitivity for feeling things but its better than buying another pair (only $29.95 / pair).
08-02-2010, 07:28 AM,

Waterproof Crux 3 Finger 7mm Dry Glove

These are 3 finger mits, so may not be what your looking for. But sometime back on another forum they were discussed and got excellent reviews. Don't know if you can get them locally or not.

Al
08-02-2010, 06:07 PM,
Who makes the semi-dry Joe?
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
08-04-2010, 01:00 PM,
3 finger mits are ok if your just swimming around. I only used them when I was new to diving and have not used mine in years. You can control dive gear just fine. I got certified in Square with 3 finger mits.

I don't know if I recommend them or not. They did work but my memory is too old.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.