Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuit specialty Course
08-03-2010, 06:43 AM,
Drysuit specialty Course
I have the chance to take a drysuit specialty course in October.  I'm not sure if I should do it or not.  I've been certified for 8 years or so and really only been able to do a handful of dives (lack of dive buddy).

I'm not sure if I would really use a drysuit all that much.  I'd like to say that then I would be more likely to dive superior wrecks or something, but I don't know if that is the case.

I sort of feel like I want to take it just because its the only chance I have at any other training this summer/fall.

Is that stupid?  What do you guys think?
08-03-2010, 07:04 AM,
Re: Drysuit specialty Course
Take it, once you do you'll want a drysuit more than you think. You'd use it all year round in MN as well, and maybe you'll want to try ice diving this coming winter. The class should show you how to care for your suit and what to do in an emergency. It's not that in-depth compared to most classes but worthwhile none the less.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
08-03-2010, 11:38 AM,
My biggest concern is that I'll want a drysuit more than I think! :o

I'll have to consider the class.  Its not until October so I've got a bit of time.  I'd really like to get out and dive a few more times before then.
08-03-2010, 11:42 AM,
Take the class, even if you don't purchase a dry suit now.  The class in worth it. IMHO.
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM,
Especially with the water temps dropping off October, it will definately be appreciated. It will open up a longer dive season for you as well as the cold and/or deep water.
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
08-03-2010, 01:15 PM,
If you like to see underwater the BEST time to dive is Oct through the winter and early spring after the ice melts.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
08-03-2010, 02:19 PM,
I suppose that makes sense.  The main reason I am thinking against it is because i don't dive often.  Mostly because of no buddies...hopefully that will change because of this site.  ;D

08-04-2010, 09:42 AM,
I talked the LDS and he told me that usually they only have one person at a time sign up for the classes so I could probably do it sooner than October.  That would be cool, then maybe I can do some more dives this fall before the ice comes.
08-29-2010, 12:29 AM,
I would take it.  I'm a freeze baby & enjoy diving in a dry suit verse getting wet.  It is especially nice below the thermalcline. 
Cheers.  Smile