Remember me
Lost Password Register

Madeira Dive
08-03-2010, 01:37 PM,
Madeira Dive
I was planning on going to the north shore this weekend, but the plans got turned over and dumped all over the floor.  :'(
My original plan was for the weekend. Still want to dive the weekend up nort.
Anybody interested in doing a shore dive on the Madeira this weekend; or any other wreck for that matter.
Option b is Ore-b-gon.
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
08-03-2010, 01:56 PM,
Re: Madeira Dive
Or, does anybody have any other wrecks with easy access on Superior?
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
08-03-2010, 02:30 PM,
hesper and gooseberry falls
We take these risks, not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping us
08-03-2010, 03:13 PM,
Never dove Gooseberry. What's that sight like?
08-03-2010, 03:20 PM,

huge boulders and scattered wreckage and railroad rails ... lots of strange parts, but no semblance of a ship.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
08-03-2010, 07:15 PM,
I would recommend the Hesper for an easy shore wreck dive. It is very impressive to see all the knees that supported the decks. Gooseberry is nice but no real wreck (unless you count the "Belle P.Cross rudder 75' from shore in 55' of water). The crib near Fitgers I hear is nice with some railroad / train parts scattered on the South side of the submerged crib. If the waves are too big on the big lake, You could goof around in "Little Two Harbors" just South of Split Rock Lighthouse and see some of the Madeira wreckage that was hauled there in 1974 and some other neat stuff. The bay of Beaver Bay would be good but I heard the shore access has been made rough because of a bike path that made the hill steeper than it was. There was a dock on the North side of Beaver Bay that used to dock the steamship  "America". Just South of Beaver bay is the Charlie anchor in 74' of water. I guess most of Beaver bay would be a boat dive though.