Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone in the Coon Rapids area want to dive Labor day
08-22-2010, 05:18 PM,
Anyone in the Coon Rapids area want to dive Labor day
I'm hoping to get out diving in the twin cities area over labor day weekend.  Any one want to go out dive that weekend?  I'm hoping for something fairly relaxed.  I haven't been out very much in the last few years and just trying to get back into it.

08-22-2010, 10:49 PM,
Re: Anyone in the Coon Rapids area want to dive Labor day
Coon Rapids here (Hanson and 10) - I can dive on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays

I am in, where do you wanna go?
08-23-2010, 06:21 AM,
I've never dove around there.  I'm up for anywhere and I don't mind driving a bit to get there.  I think Sunday should work but I'll have to check with my wife to make sure we don't have a photo shoot scheduled.

Any suggestions on the location?
08-23-2010, 09:02 AM,
Being that far north, you may want to check out Spectacle. (1/2 hr or so) It is in between Princeton and Cambridge.  There is a beach on the east side you can access and a resort on the south side that I have used.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
08-23-2010, 12:43 PM,

Thanks for the suggestion - sounds good to me

Sunday afternoon would work - say around 3:00 pm

Let me know!
08-23-2010, 04:32 PM,
Let me know how the vis is at spectical, I haven't been there sense spring. The vis is great in the spring.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
08-26-2010, 12:33 PM,
Ok, I got the OK from the wife.  We have no photo sessions that day so we should be good to go.  I'm not picky about where we go, I'd be ok with driving a bit more to a site if you know of someplace better than Spectacle. 

acharpenter- Are you ok with doing something on the easy side of the spectrum.  I'm still a little rusty and I'd like to keep simple.  Don't be afraid though, I'm rusty..but safe. ;D  How many dives are you looking to do?  I have everything but tanks on my own and I'm hoping to take my uncles for the day and I believe he has 4 of them.
08-26-2010, 01:33 PM,
Spectacle is just fine on my end unless you have a better idea....maybe the quarry in St.Cloud? I have never dove there

I am all about the easy dives - I wont even go below 60 feet so I think we should be fine

Im usually good for 1 possibly 2 dives....
08-26-2010, 01:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2010, 02:33 PM by acharpenter.)

Yup - thats right. I wanted to get out there last year and never made it, thinking as long as no one minds the drive it would be great
08-26-2010, 02:20 PM,
I'm game for St. Cloud or Spectacle.  This is a link to some info on the quarry for anyone interested.    Just let me know the time and place.  I'll be there.

Josh