Remember me
Lost Password Register

Alger Preserve - Munising, MI
08-23-2010, 07:27 AM,
Alger Preserve - Munising, MI
Had a great weekend in Munising diving some cool wrecks.  Vis was surprisingly not good but with the warm water temps, they are getting a lot of water movement in and out of the bay and it's stirring things up.  We dove the Steven M. Selvik, Bermuda, Smith Moore, and Manhattan.  Well worth the drive if you get the opportunity.

Here is the only video I've had a chance to edit so far.  The Selvik was sunk intentionally in 1996 for people like us to play in.

08-23-2010, 04:37 PM,
Re: Alger Preserve - Munising, MI
Nice vid! I'm leaving for there on Thursday. ;D
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
08-24-2010, 08:24 AM,
I was there with a couple friends in early July. We booked it through and met up with a group from a Michigan dive shop. We dove the Selvik, Manhattan, Smith Moore and Bermuda as well. Water temps were comfortable, viz was pretty good and the weather was great. We had a good time and some great dives. It's a long drive, but worth it for a weekend of relatively cheap wreck diving. I am looking forward to going back.
08-29-2010, 03:38 PM,
Just got back from MI and it was great! Great vis and 66degrees down to 61ft. Dove the same wrecks but we did the Hettler insted of the Manhattan. Wish I could have pulled the anchor off the Hettler.........that thing was kick a$$. ;D
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.