Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Nokia's final dive,,,,,,
08-29-2010, 02:10 PM,
The Nokia's final dive,,,,,,
                      Yesterday my dive buddy and I took my old Nokia drysuit for a test dip to, check for leaks, and between the field stone for ballast and the air we pumped into it (after sealing the neck and wrists) well, she got away from us, after extensive searching we had to give up, sure glad it was my old suit and not my new viking, let me or Steve know if you see her on the bottom on the South side of Alstead, right off the point in a sandshoot between some large solid rock formations sections about 68' down    THANKS!     TRINITY

Attached Files
.jpg   Pics of the Nokia's last dive 014.jpg (Size: 1.68 MB / Downloads: 142)
.jpg   Copy of Pics of the Nokia's last dive 045.jpg (Size: 985.34 KB / Downloads: 170)
.jpg   Pics of the Nokia's last dive 014.jpg (Size: 1.68 MB / Downloads: 141)
.jpg   Copy of Pics of the Nokia's last dive 045.jpg (Size: 985.34 KB / Downloads: 170)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
08-29-2010, 03:43 PM,
Re: The Nokia's final dive,,,,,,
Nice Smile
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
08-29-2010, 04:15 PM,
hah, wonder if that would show up on side scan sonar as a body. 8)
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM,
That was one huge silt storm! IF you ever drag a body 60 feet down a gulch, You have 15 second to get out of the way before a massive silt storm overtakes you. It rolls downhill like an avalanche of red evil.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
08-29-2010, 06:05 PM,
I would have to say Joe, that would definitely show up on side scan as a body(minus the head lol).  I will try and get up there to check it out.

08-29-2010, 07:10 PM,
Not the smartest thing to do. Some diver will come along and find it and think its a diver and panic. then the crow wing co. S.O. will start their dive team for a recovery and end with a stuff dummy. I hope no one gets hurt.
08-29-2010, 08:13 PM,

Grump, with all due respect, my friend, and not just from one electrician to another,,,,, I hope no diver sees the skeleton in front of the electrical panel, in another pit, and thinks its actually, a fried spark,  or sees the skull at the bottom of the "stairway to hell", (on the other side of Alstead) and thinks its for real either, or a diver sees any one of the many vehicles and thinks there might still be a body in one of them, although on a fresh vehicle,perhaps,,,,. The reason most dives IMO are done in the mines is to see the "stuff", thats been left behind, from the Crosby van, to the dump truck, to the cars, to the speed boat, to the tunnels and drifts. Grump you do have a long and honorable reputation of diving here in Mn, and I respect your opinion. Lets have a vote, if it should be removed, (may make a good topic of discussion out of this). If the vote is to remove the Nokia, I'll go find her and bring her back myself.         Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
08-29-2010, 09:19 PM,
I vote to leave it in.

I need some more excitement.
08-30-2010, 07:38 AM,
I vote we put a sign on it, "DONT PANIC!"  ;D

Attached Files
.jpg   dontpanic.jpg (Size: 3.12 KB / Downloads: 350)
.jpg   dontpanic.jpg (Size: 3.12 KB / Downloads: 350)
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
08-30-2010, 09:16 AM,

I will make the sign for "Ichabod Diver"!