Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Minnetonka ZEBRA MUSSEL RESEARCH Volunteer Dive...9/13/10 & 9/14/10
09-09-2010, 05:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2010, 05:36 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: Lake Minnetonka ZEBRA MUSCLE RESEARCH Volunteer Dive...9/13/10 & 9/14/10

How long ago were these zebras first noticed in Minnetonka? 3 or 4 weeks? Just a hunch, but I'll bet a sandwich that these little buggers were noticed above 15' and the near sighted feds think that they only exist above 15' because that is where 3 or 4 divers spotted them. I would be surprised if they weren't all the way to the bottom already but not reported at that depth yet.
   Kind of like the first fur trappers in this area sending word back to France that there are GIANT 6' tall beavers in this "new land" because they found trees chewed off at 6' above the ground. After the first full season they realized that the snow gets 6' deep around here, and the little beavers were simply on top of the snow when they chewed those trees. The first discovery of anything seems to get inaccurate information for one reason or another.
This survey sounds like another squirrel chaser trying to get grant money for something that can not be controlled.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Lake Minnetonka ZEBRA MUSCLE RESEARCH Volunteer Dive...9/13/10 & 9/14/10 - by DetectorGuy - 09-09-2010, 05:35 PM