Remember me
Lost Password Register

Canada question
09-13-2010, 03:24 PM,
Canada question
I'm headed up to the cabin on Lake of the Woods in a couple weeks and thought I would bring my gear to do some treasure hunting off the dock.  Hoping to find the many watches, tools, and others trinkets that have met their fate in the abyss between the dock and the boats over the years.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with passing through customs with tanks recently?  Any regulations or documentation requirements I should be aware of?  I'm thinking coming back might be a bigger deal than going into Canada.  The US station at Roseau has gotten much more intense since 9/11.  Not the shack it used to be.

Thanks for any help!
-Jeff
09-13-2010, 04:30 PM,
Re: Canada question
Last year I brought 10 tanks into Canada through East Glacier and on up to Banff, did some dives and came back a week later. No problem with the tanks or gear. They did have a problem with me bringing back firewood though. Should be no problem. In reality though, if they wanted to be a pain, they could make you open the tanks but I doubt they would.
09-13-2010, 10:00 PM,
Is it true that they only fill tanks 80psi to every 100psi U.S.?
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
09-14-2010, 04:12 AM,

I don't think they do... but I did not fill any there. That might be some type of Metric conversion thing that was mis-interpreted somehow. (bar to PSI?)
09-14-2010, 07:33 AM,
That was actually an attempt at a joke about $$$, Sorry.....
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM,
If it were a joke about $$$, they'd be overfilling tanks right now, unfortunately Sad  The dollar is bad against the canuck buck right now..
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM,

Although the conversion was wrong I still had a small laugh.  So it wasn't all that bad of a joke. :o
09-14-2010, 04:51 PM,

You got me there in a moment of weakness. All this time I thought you were a deputy or a police officer and the joke caught me off guard. (just kidding too)  Smile I like to kid around but I am numb above the neck sometimes.
09-14-2010, 07:39 PM,
If it were a joke about $$$, they'd be overfilling tanks right now, unfortunately Sad  The dollar is bad against the canuck buck right now..
[/quote]

I am sure they will start emailing me about that too.  They still won't stop sending me emails about how great their pharmacies are...... Tongue