Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ever feel like, your not the first one there,,,,,,,
09-19-2010, 10:00 AM,
Ever feel like, your not the first one there,,,,,,,

Hey Everyone!
                              Ever feel like when your getting involved in your favorite activity, that there are others who've come before you, that your not the first one getting wet in this particular body, of water.
                              Now before I get misconstrued, allow me to explain, yesterday young Joe (Hydro) and I took the Impulse and the gals out to Lake Elmo, we wanted to check out Joe's awesome new light down in the darkness, so dropped down a little over 100' and it shamed my light cannon, but back to the topic at hand.
                             As we swam about in the 25-50' range we came across stuff, Utah anchors set up next to beer cans and bottles stabbed onto the end of sticks impaled into the bottom, in groups like a lake cleanup cheaters stash, just waiting to fill a mesh bag in a matter of minutes. Large tree branches stabbed into the clay bottom of Elmo, like markers for the underwater Gods. Steve and I have found a good stash of Utah's on previous dives but rarely a "good" anchor, although that was about to change towards the end of our last dive. I came across what looked like a real well made Utah, until I flipped it over and saw that the cement had been poured in a vintage Plymouth chrome moon hubcap, but the chrome was gone due to too much time in the muck and all that was left was the patina'd coloring but with some brass coloring not like just copper, I knew right away it had to come up. As I stumbled to get my lift bag out of my BC pocket,tucked in underneath my pony, Joe came to my rescue before I lost my Utah in the ensuing cloud of silt. Then Joe filmed my excellant demonstration of how not to hook a lift bag to an anchor!  As we swam along then Joe came across a plastic coated mauve colored 12 lb modified bell (river anchor) that we also attached to the lift bag. Once back on board the Impulse we celebrated our adventure with a few (as Joe would say) hydroxalated beverages.
                         Curious from you guys what kind of "indicators" you've come across in Minnesota's finest dive sites to indicate some others divers have been there before you?                 TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
09-19-2010, 03:32 PM,
Re: Ever feel like, your not the first one there,,,,,,,
I feel like that at Square Lake......but I can't put my finger on why :-\
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
09-19-2010, 09:26 PM,
...At Square Lake....If you didn't have that feeling, I'd be worried about your powers of observation!!!  ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
04-07-2011, 06:10 AM,
old post, but funny and apply well to my thoughts of the day.
answer....Yes..when you see a dive flag flying in the spot and a half dozen divers walking gear out over it...yes i would think others were there first....actually my first dive spot, which you guys didn't go to last weekend, was also visited by ET. i know i left a half dozen jigs there two weeks ago as i wasn't in the mood to drag them up, and they were gone!

in another spot Ive seen a unique geometric configuration with two round rocks and a beer bottle between it. definitely not a random natural occurrence, especially as there were three of these interesting markers.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;