Remember me
Lost Password Register

WILSON MONITORING PROJECT
10-14-2010, 07:05 PM,
Re: WILSON MONITORING PROJECT
[ I was just curious which laws apply to which divers? Are these laws on some kind of rating system? 1-5 with "1" being the laws we follow all the time. "3" being laws that we only follow when people are looking. "5" being one of those stupid laws that shouldn't even be on the books.

Hey John,,,, I think your onto something, I was actually pulled over one time by an officer, who said to me, that the law for which I was (being accused of being) in violation of, was actually being, "selectively enforced",,,,,, now I sure dont want to give fodder to my friends to decide what that actual law was, but in my opinion, I was an, almost innocent bystander, didn't seem like that as I sat in the back of the squad though, as I thought WTF!,,,, "selectively enforced"???. But I do like Grumpies idea that "were all a little wrong", and I think I'll try that one next time I see the flashing lights in my rearview mirror, and as I roll my window down state to the officer, "what do you say officer, to the idea, that were all, a little wrong here"?  What do you think? Will I get off?                 

When I look back over the last 30 years, some of the coolest, most interesting, smartest, best time people I've ever met, were met on (or very near) the water over a dive sight. I hope that continues,,,,,,                                                TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
10-15-2010, 12:57 PM,

+ 1
when diving popular wrecks in Florida, a lot of times there are 10 to 15 boats on the same wreck. Some anchored, some diving, a lot fishing, and some trolling. I did come partially up the wrong anchor line one time  :o I figured it out on my DS. It's good to look at the bottom of the boat you are diving out of  8)
10-15-2010, 03:17 PM,

The thing that would concern me is dive boats trying to hook a wreck while divers are in the water.  That just seems like a really bad idea -- regardless of which rules people choose to follow.
--Jason