Remember me
Lost Password Register

high tech anchor
09-22-2010, 09:08 PM,
high tech anchor
For sale, high tech anchor. I have a anchor for sale that is ideal for  all tpyes of bottom, i have spent many hours of work on it. Ask Robert about the shape it was in. the money from the sale will go to the McLeod  co dive team.
The first offer is for ten dollars and I will show the buyer how to tie the rope on it, Ok terry.
09-22-2010, 09:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2010, 10:22 PM by scubafreek864.)
Re: high tech anchor
I will make the first bid for $10.00!

Come on now everyone, let's get this bidding war going.  ;D

Robert
09-22-2010, 10:06 PM,
I'll go $15.00
Bob
09-23-2010, 05:21 AM,
How about a pic?
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
09-23-2010, 07:45 AM,
How about putting it in the "FOR SALE" forum?  :Smile
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
09-23-2010, 09:49 AM,
I will show the buyer how to tie the rope on it, Ok terry.

:-\  Now Grump, my friend,, as Steve, Angie, Robert, Joe, Matt, Christie, John, Lynn, Dave, Patrick, Michelle, Doug, and a few others who've been on my boat can attest to, my 3 anchors on the Impulse (2 plastic coated 18 pound river anchors, and one plastic coated 18 pound navy anchor) all have 15' of 1/4" galvanized chain with stainless steel anchor shackles, (their pins secured down with stainless steel tie wire) woven back (9") with stainless steel rope thimbels onto 65' of 1/2" triple stranded nylon rode, with 12" woven loops on the boat end. The anchor that was lost, didn't untie, it was unhooked ( I prefer, to think of it as, set free) from a cleat on the Impulse by a rather, "inexperienced" crew member, so inexperienced in fact, that her only real boating expertise, from what I could tell ,was in how to look good in a bikini. There she excelled. That was the reason I was bumming at the loss, because of the expense and effort to put another together. I do appreciate your offer Grump, although I dont need another anchor, (thats for sure if you saw the group in my garage) but would be happy (after seeing some pics of yours) to do nothing but shamelessly help drive the bid price higher for this noble cause.      TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
09-23-2010, 01:44 PM,
its not for sale, its to help out a group of divers with out much money, but are willing to help other people with out strings.
I'm currently working on a new attachment for the high tech anchor, a bridal ring. terry do you have a piece of 3/8 chain 3 feet long.
some one has to pick a spot for presenting this anchor to the highest bider, like applebeesdone south.
09-23-2010, 04:20 PM,
$20.00 here!
09-23-2010, 04:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2010, 08:27 PM by DiverQueen.)
I'll bid $25, still cheaper than Cabela's!  I'll even bring my own chain!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
09-23-2010, 05:30 PM,

Lisa, get out! I dont even want to think of what, you bringing your own chain, might entail, do you bring with your own whip too?  :-*  I'll bid $30, sight unseen, now Grump, no problem on 3' of 3/8" galvanized chain for you, but your looking for ordinary logging chain, not "proof coil" right? 3/8" proof coil has a max. safe working load of 5600 pounds I seem to recall, this high tech anchor of yours its not that high tech is it? So wheres this next wateringhole meeting suppose to be at? whoa chit, I think it was my deck!    TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)