Remember me
Lost Password Register

Presque Isle Tech Trip Pat & Linda
10-15-2010, 08:46 AM,
Presque Isle Tech Trip Pat & Linda
I was on the boat in Presque Isle with Pat and Linda, and mentioned that I would get them some of the video from Normand and Florida.  Sorry I haven’t got both projects edited yet. I think Jitka posted the Norman video to her customers, but if you have not seen the Norman yet, here is some underwater footage of that day that Jitka put together.  I think she has surface pictures from that day too.

I’m still working on the Florida video, and will post a link soon.

Great location for Tech Diving with wrecks in the 150 – 200+ range with excellent visibility.  The boat I was on that day had a mix of OC and CCR, and everyone had great dives!

Good Diving

Ron
Start with training, continue with adventures.
10-15-2010, 01:23 PM,
Re: Presque Isle Tech Trip Pat & Linda
Wow, that's exceptional video. Why does your buddy carry a street light?  ;D I've never seen an HID that large. I assume it's a light for video. 31W?.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
10-15-2010, 03:48 PM,
Re: Presque Isle Tech Trip Pat & Linda

That is actually a 10 watt LED from Dive Rite with a Home Depot lamp reflector and sheet plastic diffuser on the front.  It was an idea that I came up with after watching a Wes Skiles video in the Bahamas caves.  A diver with a traditional HID or LED will burn a hot spot on the subject.  This dive was one of my first practice shoots with borrowed video lights, and the penetration was specifically to shoot video in low light situations like the Doty.  The diver in this scene is Jitka and she was practicing illuminating subjects like gauges or the telegraph so we could see how intense the light was.  I think it was the next day that we did the sister ship Uganda in Straights with Mike, Pat, Linda, Wolfie, Carl, Jon... but that was to get more of an idea of the layout of the Doty engine room.  It was more of a learning experience on the Norman since it has more deep dark passages to penetrate.  There is so much light penetration in Presque Isle on the exterior of the ship that one does not need a light, and the diver being video taped has the light for more dramatic effect.

Start with training, continue with adventures.