Remember me
Lost Password Register

Mke Car Ferry 81st Anniversary Presentation
10-22-2010, 09:21 AM,
Mke Car Ferry 81st Anniversary Presentation
Although this may be a stretch for "local", I had no problem driving the 5+ hours to see a fantastic presentation on the Milwaukee Car Ferry 81st anniversary memorial.  And many of you are just being introduced to the incredible shipwrecks off of Milwaukee, like the Car Ferry.  Its a great wreck for "Techreational" divers at about 130 max depth, tons of structure, and unlimited advanced penetration opportunities.   

I just left Loves Park Scuba, and Lockwood Museum   where Dan Johnson hosted a presentation on the Milwaukee Car Ferry.  Brendon Bailod gave a very nice historical presentation on the wreck, as well as we watched the Deep Sea Detectives episode on the MCF.  Diving legend John Steele was there and I had him sign a 1988 copy of Skin Diver magazine that I had open on the bookshelf for years with the John Steele story of "underwater junk collector".  Dan was dressed in period costume of the late captain McKay, there were beverages and even dessert after the show! 

If you have not visited the Lockwood Pioneer Museum, I would highly encourage a road trip with a few dive buddies, enjoy the Loves Park area - see the Lockwood Pioneer Museum, then perhaps visit the history museum in Chi.  It is worth the trip with lots of shiny shipwreck things....  Call Dan ahead of time as he has a great indoor pool and he may be able to schedule a fun splash party for your group as well as a special museum tour. 

Ron

Attached Files
.jpg   2 John Steele.jpg (Size: 126.64 KB / Downloads: 67)
.jpg   2 Lockwood Museum.jpg (Size: 89.08 KB / Downloads: 72)
.jpg   2 Capt Dan.jpg (Size: 97 KB / Downloads: 75)
.jpg   2 John Steele.jpg (Size: 126.64 KB / Downloads: 67)
.jpg   2 Lockwood Museum.jpg (Size: 89.08 KB / Downloads: 72)
.jpg   2 Capt Dan.jpg (Size: 97 KB / Downloads: 75)
Start with training, continue with adventures.
10-22-2010, 07:32 PM,
Re: Mke Car Ferry 81st Anniversary Presentation
Thanks for posting your comments on the lockwood museum Ron! I have not seen it yet but i will at some point. i believe it is the nearest diving museum to mpls. i have also heard there is some good diving in that area. 8) 8)