Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
11-03-2010, 04:16 PM,
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

Icing  Rules:
           - Goal is maximum amount of time under.
           - Must sign up before Jan 1st 2011, simple, just add your name.
           -All times must be verifiable, either signed logs or computer verification, or certifiable if you'd rather be considered that.
           - All dives must be thru "cut holes", none of this nonsense of diving under a 1/4" of ice from the open water along shore and calling it an ice dive.
           -All dives must be in MN or WIS
           -Must be hooked to a line, (who came up with that?)
           - You can dive during the week, weekend, at night, in a snowstorm, or even in a ©hit-hole, and no minimum depth requirements, but you CANT combine, all 6, say, belly up at the Whiskey Juntion, and call it a dive, (even though it is) even if you brought your pony in with you.

Anchoring rules:
            -Must be RECOVERED thru the ice
            - Must have pics (on the surface), of your stash, with you in it.
            - This will open it up, does not need to be a manufactured anchor, if you want to count a bunch of sorry Utah anchors, (homemade anchors, but NOT as simple as concrete blocks tied to a rope, or rocks tied together with wire, and rode attached to that) and put your smiling face with them, well , then, you "go for it".
            -What constitues a "Utah" or homemade anchor is subject to the judges decision.

Next, I'll need  an "impartial group"  :-\ (might as well ask for a hot tub too) of approx. 3, 5, 7 just an odd #  people to vote on any mitigating factors, although being a judge cancels you from winning, so that sucks, but if you dont stand a chance anyway, then feel free to sign up.

Icing Prizes, I'm sure there will be, that's to be determined, no doubt awarded at a local watering hole, (hopefully not my house) for 1st, 2nd AND 3rd place for icing.

Anchoring Prizes, same as above,  but with 1st place for most in the season, 2nd for most in a day, 3rd for most unusual.  Contests officially end at ice out.
                                                              TRINITY

Oh, count me in for both, duh, no not as a judge though.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
11-03-2010, 05:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2010, 05:46 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
I am happy to be be the first one (not counting Trinity) to sign up for both! Its not that I like competition, its just that I hate lose'n! I am hoping for a cold snap as we have our first ice dive scheduled for December 11th and we will be tending from an airboat skating on top of 2+ inches of ice if the weather cooperates.
11-03-2010, 05:41 PM,
so im in.. but to clarify, we cannot log any ice dives till jan 1st 2011 as well?

and as in mn, im guessing no water on borders of mn... must be within limits.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
11-03-2010, 06:38 PM,
I can help judge Smile
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
11-03-2010, 08:44 PM,

No, young Joe, as soon as you can cut a hole, while standing on the ice,you can start counting, probably early mid Dec. depending upon nightime temps. Yes, border waters are ok but to include all of Sconnie, made it trickie because of the size of the group, Superior is out due to thin ice, but its early yet to state that.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
11-03-2010, 08:50 PM,

Kristie, you are a perfect judge, I remember being with on your icing class with Mike Daust out on Minnetonka, but as you could guess your probably out of the running just due to the distance you are from MN lakes, but if you and Matt make it back here this winter let us know, you'r welcome to join on any icing trek. I'll be happy to include you as a judge.      THANKS!       Terry
11-03-2010, 09:15 PM,
I can judge >Big Grin
Bob
11-03-2010, 09:30 PM,

Robert, my friend, as you were welcomed out on White Bear icing last winter, your welcomed as a judge, thank you!     
11-04-2010, 08:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2010, 08:56 AM by arcFlash.)
Too many rules! What are we writing the "Ice Diving Reform bill"?  If you want reform, allow me to cross the border and get my anchors from WI. You know I'm a lobbyist for Big Iron but you need to let us drill exploration holes in the deep water of WI. I use "Clean Hole" technology and with the relief holes a blowout is imposable.

We need to allow ANY lake no mater what state. I dive WI ice and them anchors are real and should count.

I suppose I have to be "IN" but for the record, it's too complicated.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
11-04-2010, 10:02 AM,
[quote='arcFlash link' pid='6216' dateline='1288882387']
Too many rules! What are we writing the \"Ice Diving Reform bill\"?  If you want reform, allow me to cross the border and get my anchors from WI. You know I'm a lobbyist for Big Iron but you need to let us drill exploration holes in the deep water of WI. I use \"Clean Hole\" technology and with the relief holes a blowout is imposable.

We need to allow ANY lake no mater what state. I dive WI ice and them anchors are real and should count.

I suppose I have to be \"IN\" but for the record, it's too complicated.

Too complicated? You must of went to public school,,,,, judges, sounds like Steve wants NO rules, what do you say to that? I allowed in Sconnie, (just to help shut him up) but I vote no to Steve just taking pics of all the anchors in my garage and then photoshopping them out on to the ice.        T

[/quote]