Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
11-28-2010, 10:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2010, 10:42 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

Thanks for the comments on the wood bar cover.
I have 3 Husqvarnas actually. Two are the 272 XP, and one is the model 61. The 272 XPs are 4.9 HP and they kinda gyroscope in your hands when you wind them up. The 36" bar should offset the gyroscoping some, but when the chain is traveling at 68' per second, somethings gotta give. Here are the specs on the 272:

I might have to pass on the hole cutting challenge as I don't have much experience cutting holes (yet). I have cut a few, but my great buddies Art and Nate have been cutting them mostly. It is all about efficiency though whether it is finding the right location, cutting the hole, removing the ice, setting up the shelter, rotating in and out the divers, minimizing overlap on search areas, maximizing bottom time, taking down the shelter, and securing the hole at the end. Time is a valuable commodity to all of us. My biggest struggle with this winters game is going to be balancing dive time with family time. Anything I do to increase efficiency diving will make that less of an issue.

Thats some good thinkin there...  :Smile One magnet in each hand would offset the magnetic variation of the North and South poles shifting at a rate of .5 degrees every 3 years. The needle of your compass would point to... which ever hands closer. Just messing with you on the polar shift thing...

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by DetectorGuy - 11-28-2010, 10:36 AM