Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
12-19-2010, 11:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2010, 11:34 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

"I can't believe you're still hunting Green Lake! I know that house in the photo." Arcflash, remember when you and I went out the day after Christmas on 12-26-2009 and found the boat, the spud, and about 5 anchors? The distance from that ice hole was 109' from the ice hole that produced the Whopper 18 anchor dive on 2-6-2010. Figure a 150' rope radius from each hole and there was a MASSIVE overlap in the search area and still great results. There is a method to the madness when it comes to our dives, and not just walking out until you get winded, set up and maybe find something.

"Your 54 page master plan is Green Lake? That's sad John, real sad." The master plan is only 51 pages and it it covers 3 bodies of water. We could handle winning this thing on Green Lake alone but variety is the spice of life. We may even live on the edge, and throw a dart over our shoulder, and dive where ever it lands... if we feel charitable.

"Break it down, I think this is individual achievements." I was going to phrase the reply 'here is the breakdown' but breakdown is not something we are familiar with. Here is the individual score from our 12-18-10 dive:
Shooter: 1 anchor
Detectorguy: 4 anchors
AandA: A cast iron widget thing that is not identified as of yet. (Not an anchor but resembles a Bollard from a larger boat.)

We also found the typical stuff bottles, ice dipper, cups, and a spud.

"Terry, Joe and I are about to go out." Good luck. If you guys want, we can give you the coordinates to where we have been. We may have missed one or two anchors there.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by DetectorGuy - 12-19-2010, 11:30 AM