Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
12-20-2010, 12:34 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
It was pretty dark with the cloud cover on Sat.

We had decent vis on Elmo, (20-25' well, till I dropped a pair of Utahs and mucked it so bad I couldn't refind either one :-\) and it was a dandy nice day with full sun all day, but the ice was in tough shape, where the wind had blown it clear it was plenty light underneath, but then from underwater where you swim towards a drift on the surface it was real dark, like swimming close to a wreck in poor vis. Elmo had lots of ice ridges, and areas where you broke thru the upper layer of ice, just walking along, to find a couple inches of water above the more structural clear ice layer underneath. When we cut the second hole, and went to lift the block out it separated at this middle water layer and the block came out as two pieces split horizontally. Hopefully this isn't going to ride thru the winter.    T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Terry - 12-20-2010, 12:34 PM