Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
12-22-2010, 09:48 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
Quote:I would respectfully  :Smile  :-* request that all judges weigh in on disputes. I would like to hear from all of them on (a) if they are going to give credit for team g \"first dive\", (b) pre-scouting dives to find anchors before ice diving began, © the validity of a window sash weight to be called an anchor, & finally (d) that any contestant appearing naked or semi-naked be penalized a minimum of 10 anchors & 75 min of bottom time  ;D

I'll weigh in for you: 

A- yes that dive counted though the ice was VERY thin- and for springtime ice out you must CUT your hole- using the bottom of a scuba tank isn't going to work. (Call it a clarification in the rules).

B- pre-dive, what's a pre-dive?  No you don't get extra credit for advanced scouting for this anchor challenge the additional bottom time doesn't get added to your contest total. (Let me know if that clarifies that point for you)

C- I thought at first glance that it was a stick in the photo, but I'd lean to Bob's seaworthy experience which is far beyond my own to agree that it does count.

D- No one needs to see that, let's not go there!

The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Dragon Eye - 12-22-2010, 09:48 AM