Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
12-27-2010, 10:15 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
Definitely a good day of diving. 8) I only thought about Florida diving 75 times throughout the day! The tone was set for the day when we're leaving the landing and heading three quarters of a mile away to our dive site. I was on the back of the snowmobile (it was not a two-man snowmobile) and we were pulling another sled loaded with our first load of gear, when we started breaking through into the slush. I went to jump off to lighten the load so we didn't get stuck. Evidently the snowmobile was moving faster than I thought, my feet hit the ground and my forward momentum catapulted me forward causing me to do a face and head plant into the slush. ;D ;D ;D  too bad the cameras weren't rolling. I am feeling it today though.  :'( I could use a tissue

When I found the tackle box, it was right after I found the destroyed computer. It was at least three quarters of the way buried into the bottom. It was all metal and very heavy. Right away I thought it was a safe full of gold and rare coins!! Luckily I had found a ice scooper, similar to the one I used to cut the hole mille lacs  :Smile, and was able to dig it out and lift bag to the surface. I will be thawing it out today. I am sure there will be lots of mini anchors in it. No need for anyone to weigh in on the find. It was also really cool to dive the shipwreck that John found this summer. Managed to log 55 minutes of bottom time in 1 dive, a new personal ice dive best. Then of course John had to dive for 58 minutes  :o .

We will continue to search for remnants of ze plane. We were ready to drop out of the anchor competition and hire on with National Geographic to document our finds. Maybe next weekend will be the day........

Attached Files
.jpg   ze plane boss ze plane!.jpg (Size: 12.32 KB / Downloads: 50)
.jpg   ze plane boss ze plane!.jpg (Size: 12.32 KB / Downloads: 49)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Shooter - 12-27-2010, 10:15 AM