Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
01-15-2011, 07:58 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
I left a large ring like that in ELMO next to the back river you pulled. You can't be getting credit finding out trash John.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-15-2011, 08:10 PM,
I pull the anchors for putting points on the board. I pull the trash for two reasons:
1. Clean the lake.
2. They look kinda cool in my rock garden.
I would not beg to see if someone thinks an anchor is an anchor or not, so that is why I only count ANCHORS.
The 12" long 15 pound chain link is not an anchor and even though it could be used for one... I'm not counting it. The full gear with the shaft however had a hole in the shaft for a rope and therefore it was used as an anchor. I realize that you don't see many real anchors so it might be good to maybe just buy some at Mills Fleet Farm or maybe a boat store.  ;D ;D ;D
01-15-2011, 08:44 PM,
Nice find!  I appreciate the clarification on the anchors you wish to count John Smile  Sweet gears and link- too bad the shovel isn't going to be doing much scooping.

New Totals:
John  (Detector Guy)  20
Nate (Shooter)          14
Steve (ArcFlash)        6
Terry (Trinity)           5
Art (AandA)              2 

Anyone else? 
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
01-16-2011, 07:49 AM,

Ya, you betcha aye! There isnt enough left of that shovel to scoop up all the bs on this board. Now that I'm done being a soft southern diver time to get out of my nice warm waterbed and go prowl the depths! Geeze Steve how we stumble across something, not knowing what real anchors actually even look like  :-\ I think today we'll add young Joe to the challenge too.      TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
01-16-2011, 07:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2011, 07:55 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Good times Smile The day is half shot. Only gonna get in a half a day? Good luck today (not that you will need to rely on luck alone Wink)
01-16-2011, 09:07 AM,

You forgot my fishing pole in the tally. It was supposed to be scooping up on the competition, or cleaning up on the competition.  ;D ;D
01-16-2011, 09:28 AM,

:o :o This coming from the team that ;D groveled to the judges to count a window sash weight as an anchor  :o :o while diving through a "cut" hole! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!  ;D ;D Not very super hero like! I prefer the karma that our team has. I still don't like being 2nd place loser but it doesn't sting as bad losing to john. He has put his time in and earned it. my only regret was not to review the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow] for guidance prior to going under!

I patched 1 leak in my drysuit with duck tape yesterday, 1 to go. It is getting old and cold diving a semi dry! I might need to take a couple weeks off and get it fixed. It really motivates you to cover some ground trying to stay warm!
01-16-2011, 11:14 AM,

Nate ran text book search patterns all day, and that was very effective for minimizing overlap and ensuring the real estate was covered. After his first dive I should have picked up on his last radius but instead I told him "I'm gonna head to the weed line". He said "weed line, you never mentioned the weed line". I told him " I must have forgot to mention that part". I was chuckling so hard I almost lost my reg a couple times on the way to the weeds. Nate picked up on his last radius with his second and third dives and by the end of the day he had covered the entire 150' radius. I just swam willy nilly like a bird dog in the tall grass, looking for the stragglers. Did I mention how fun this is?
01-16-2011, 08:30 PM,
MARK ONE (or 2) UP ON THE CHALKBOARD!
hey guys check out my awesome finds for the day, at our super secret diving location we scored THE PENULTIMATE BIG TIME LOAD Big Grin

i also found a rotted out rowboat but ill let the pics speak for themselves

trinity chilling out in our hot tub

trinity attracting the eskimos

now i know this is gonna be contested cause im such an earth shattering diver, but my claim is that refrigerant canister was used as an anchor cause it was damn heavy and had a string on it.. judges?

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
01-16-2011, 09:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM by DetectorGuy.)
That propane torch in the photo...was that the back up in case the saw quit running, or is that part of the dry suit zipper thawing mechanism?
The rowboat may be the find of the day. Is that the one on Prior Lake that Trinity and Arcflash found last fall? If you snapped a pic and have coordinates you can post it in the "ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge" at:

That thread has been dormant since November 2010. By the way... Terry and Steves Prior Lake Schooner was "entered" in that shipwreck deal, but they said they would need to wait for ice to get a photo and coords to make it official. Separate contest but kinda related somehow... Good to have you in the game Joe. A little more competition is a good thing. Smile