Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
01-30-2011, 09:59 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
                    It started out a dreary day in Wisconsin, Young Joe and I had high hopes, but Steve had his doubts, and Steve stated (while on the ice) his concerns about this maybe being another dry gultch. Moments later, while Joe augered the first camera hole to check on bottom conditions, the ice demon let go a huge crack, that Joe and I heard and could feel. I knew the demon heard Steve, call it karma , a jinks, or even superstition, but obviously there would be no anchors for Steve today.We had 19" of ice about 3/4 of it clear. Our first dip for all three of us ended up with no joy. Bottom was decent mix of mostly sand and field stone, but I recalled Young Joe was standing close to Steve when he took the shot, and figured the demon cursed BOTH Steve and Joe. I knew it was up to me! So on the second dive I knew I needed to go wrestle this offended demon, way out under the ice, on her terms, in her territory, if we were not to be put to shame once again. So I gave Molly a kiss, and in my best Clint Eastwood voice said, "sometimes you just gotta get mean" She was real bore,,I mean worried as you can tell from the pic. So back in I went, way out there I found the first one, I tangled mess of rode, chain, and anchor, I needed to summon up Quaie Chang, but I fought and won this prize out of that demons grasp. We decided to cut yet a third hole, I knew the demon now, but also knew there was no chance for Steve or Joe, although they both put in a valent effort, the demon was just too strong for them. So I went back in after her, (its been my observation that true demons are mostly always female) and way out, I found another, just a sorry utah, but this demon wasn't giving ANYTHING up easy today ( no doubt she knew we were from MN too) so I knew I needed to do battle once again, and again I showed this demon. Then the last dive of the day, again way out I found a nice cast piece wedged in between two huge boulders. I knew it would be tough, I was already low on air, my fingers were cold, so I once again summoned up Quaie Chang, added it to my own super human strength, and fought for all I was worth, but this time the demon had me, she knew I was low on air, the boulders were the size of a fridge, that anchor shaft was wedged in tight. I was now too exhausted and low on air, I had to run for the saftey of the hole, so with a salute (albeit single fingered) to the victor she was, I bolted.   TRINITY

The last pic of us all pumped up it pride, is for how were doing so far!

Attached Files
.jpg   Icing pics from 1-29-11 006.jpg (Size: 615.41 KB / Downloads: 99)
.jpg   Icing pics from 1-29-11 014.jpg (Size: 789.78 KB / Downloads: 106)
.jpg   Icing pics from 1-29-11 006.jpg (Size: 615.41 KB / Downloads: 99)
.jpg   Icing pics from 1-29-11 014.jpg (Size: 789.78 KB / Downloads: 105)
.jpg   Icing pics from 1-29-11 018.jpg (Size: 751.25 KB / Downloads: 88)
.jpg   Icing pics from 1-29-11 008.jpg (Size: 761 KB / Downloads: 94)
.jpg_thumb   Icing pics from 1-29-11 008.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.46 KB / Downloads: 0)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Terry - 01-30-2011, 09:59 AM