Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
02-27-2011, 09:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2011, 09:22 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
Nate and I had a HUGE day of diving at Green Lake yesterday. The amount of anchors found was not what made it huge, as I found 3 anchors and Nate found 4 anchors. There were a couple milestones met yesterday. Nate and I knew what was at stake to find the next anchor, so we flipped a coin to see who was going in first. He won and came back to the hole with a 18 pound lead shot filled crab claw anchor. This was the 100th anchor found in this seasons anchor challenge! If that wasn't enough, this anchor was also the 100th documented anchor to be harvested from the depths of Green Lake! I don't know if any other lake in the country has ever produced 100 documented lost anchors... maybe there is, but I don't know of any. Nate pulled three anchors from his first dive and his drysuit leaked a bit. I went in and plucked two out of this first ice hole. We then migrated North 300' and we dropped in again. Nate found one more anchor and I found one more anchor. I also found a cheap fishing rod, a spud, a tiny shot glass, and a rolled up banner sign. We don't often cut two holes as we hate to leave any anchors behind from not thoroughly covering an area. So with these latest additions the anchor challenge has produced 106 anchors so far, and Green Lake has had 106 documented anchors pulled from it.  8) Later I will type out the dates and how many documented anchors were pulled on each of those dates. I will leave out the names of people who pulled them as I will probably miss some. A little work with the search engine in this MNSCUBA site will give the details of each anchor pulled from this target rich environment called Green Lake.

Attached Files
.jpg   100th Anchor from Green Lake.JPG (Size: 634.59 KB / Downloads: 62)
.jpg   Nate in a Zen like trance.JPG (Size: 739.97 KB / Downloads: 60)
.jpg   100th Anchor from Green Lake.JPG (Size: 634.59 KB / Downloads: 61)
.jpg   Nate in a Zen like trance.JPG (Size: 739.97 KB / Downloads: 59)
.jpg   Karate Kid Pose.JPG (Size: 644.52 KB / Downloads: 64)
.jpg   Neo Zen.JPG (Size: 703.27 KB / Downloads: 62)
.jpg_thumb   Neo Zen.JPG_thumb (Size: 37.98 KB / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by DetectorGuy - 02-27-2011, 09:12 AM