Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
03-08-2011, 12:08 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
Maybe 3 weeks. Lonny will probably put up the ice out poll in the next week or two.

We did say "till ice out" and we're diving ever weekend comp or not. You guys can take a break and hope your numbers hold. 
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
03-08-2011, 12:26 PM,
hey, wasn't this called the TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring 3-month long event?

or the TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge ?

i really have no sympathy for whining about it going on too long when the rules haven't changed and you didn't say anything until you were ahead. if you are done, just stop and watch your scores sink till its over.

im fine ending it early if you are fine discounting all the anchors you found before my first ice dive of 2011 which was like the 3rd week of january. :'( >Big Grin ;D

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2011, 12:48 PM by Shooter.)
GAME ON!

ice out on which Lake? I can see you guys swimming out to the ice, or under it. I have such a ridiculous amount of time invested in this competition I'll see it through to the end. I thought we had pretty clear rules in the beginning, but they seem to continually change and morph into your dive plan as the competition went on. Pick a date or define some clear parameters by what you determine ice out to be. Does it still have to be a "cut hole" unlike your 10 anchor pre-dive with a window sash?

Had to add this one to the "official smack talk thread"

I must have missed this. Please, allow me to retort

my name is Nate, yes it's my fate, you wish you were as great, team Isanti will dominate.

Don't be a tool, I'm not your fool, team G. wishes they were as cool, and in the end it is you who will bow down to our rule.

In our uniforms we may look like a mountie, but don't think for a second that will stop us from taking your bounty.

Yes we may wear a star, we don't waste much time in a bar.

But when you find yourself in trouble, you will wish you had team Isanti on the double.

We play by the rules, on the straight and narrow, with no need to hide behind a big sombrero.

You can hide your posts, don't sign in like a ghost.

We listened to your talk, we're never going to walk

with poems and rhymes you may be king,

but in your own ice competition you aint nothin but a thing!
03-08-2011, 12:32 PM,
i think ice out counts just like ice in...
if you cant walk out to your site and cut/chip your hole its not an ice dive...
if there is open water between the shore and the ice its is not an ice dive...
if you cant gear up on the ice without falling through, it is not an ice dive...
if you can surface through the ice without a hole, it is not an ice dive..
if you need to put your flag on a float, it is not an ice dive.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-08-2011, 12:34 PM,

Dream on ice princess. I'm just looking for some clear definition. Obviously the rules weren't followed in the beginning, I'm trying to prevent that from happening again. If you're as awesome as you think you are then you shouldn't have any problem drawing a line in the sand where the finish line is. Or is the finish line going to be when you and your team cross at first? Because that ain't gonna happen, no sense in trying to prevent the inevitable.....  :o >Big Grin  ;D
03-08-2011, 12:42 PM,

I like that  ;D ;D
03-08-2011, 12:48 PM,

You like those pretty Polaris colors, ha!  :Smile
03-08-2011, 01:29 PM,

I disagree with your second one!  I've been known to wade over the strip of open water to get to the ice pack to keep the fishing or ice diving season alive...  as long as the ice holds you when you're tending line it's an ice dive!  although we did one once where we cut a long channel out from shore to get our diving in safely - ice was a little questionable for holding up a line tender - but still much too thick and solid enough that you couldn't get back through it from below - I still considered it an ice dive - it was still a hard overhead environment requiring ropes!

Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
03-08-2011, 01:51 PM,

What are you talking about? Terry and I dove before the ice was firm but we did not hunt nor report as such. The comp started on the pull out to Lake Elmo. We show the walk out and it's ice shore-to-shore. I got the sash that day. You guys were first to put up iron. So if you think we jumped the gun before we should of, you beat us by at least a week.

Terry and I dive every weekend. We wanted to go play on the ice. I'd like to dive the morning of first ice so I can play under it (with line) and play a game I call sea lion Smile. The real thin day we expected OW that's why we had no saw. We only had lines because they happened to be in the back of the truck.

It was be trained and reported IN by Jan first. Not dive jan 1st.

Ice out is and has been, cut hole through the ice, period. I dove spectacle with you and Art so late it was 5 feet of OW to the sheet and raining. You drove the Quad and pulled the sled, we dove 1 hole to the north of the ramp. It was full on ice diving. If you log dives, I'm sure you put it down as "ice" so we all know what and ice dive is.

It's unfortunate you've run out of time but it's not a problem with rules. Like I said, we're diving every weekend so it doesn't matter to me. I'm pulling what I find comp or not. We pulled 50 or so this summer for the same reasons, it's just something to do. It's hunting and it's fun to find anchors just like any other meaningless hobby.

03-08-2011, 01:54 PM,
Joe means you shouldn't swim out to it and then walk around, No diving from ice floats. But yes, some open water is fine the questions is how much is fine and how much is not. I pos that we all know if it's too far out and it's not going to matter that much.

I disagree with your second one!  I've been known to wade over the strip of open water to get to the ice pack to keep the fishing or ice diving season alive...  as long as the ice holds you when you're tending line it's an ice dive!  although we did one once where we cut a long channel out from shore to get our diving in safely - ice was a little questionable for holding up a line tender - but still much too thick and solid enough that you couldn't get back through it from below - I still considered it an ice dive - it was still a hard overhead environment requiring ropes!

[/quote]