Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
03-17-2011, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 03:41 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
Hi Terry, I agree with you on the mammalian reflex being more probable on younger kids, and 45 minutes would be the outside of that spectrum of surviving. Even Olympic swimmers splash cold water on their face to help slow down their breathing rate prior to a big swim. I probably should have this conversation in a different thread to not mess up the fun side of things...
When I was talking about us using this anchor challenge as trainings for recovering missing people, I did not mean to recover live people (at least 95% of the time we would be looking at a recovery dive and not a rescue). What I meant when I was talking about 'shortening the recovery time' was to minimize the grieving process for the family members watching from shore. The sooner that we can find the victim and get them to the surface, the sooner the family and friends can get on with things. Note, in the PDF that there are some of the drownings that have an Astrix* after the info... Those people have not been recovered yet, and the family members still don't have that closure. That is the really, really sad part.

So... Sorry again for the negative waves. Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer". Just trying to make sure that as we finish up the season, we don't end up on a statistic sheet like that going after something as silly as an anchor. Might want to put a pony bottle on the seat this week end driving out on the ice Wink.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by DetectorGuy - 03-17-2011, 03:34 AM