Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
03-17-2011, 09:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

Its probably no surprize that we are going back to Green and scoop up any straggler anchors we might have missed. I am sure that the lake is hiding 4 or 5 more. Its also no real surprize that there are some pages in the 51 page [glow=red,2,300]Master Dive Plan[/glow] that we skipped to make the best use of our time.

As far as the electronics, We just picked up an AquaView and an auger (now that the season is about to end). We tried it a few times to confirm bottom composition. It takes up a lot of time so we will probably just cut a hole and physically jump in too. We will probably use a depth finder through the ice to make sure we are not going to cut our hole in 6' of water again. We are going to use the "Remote Access Dive Vehicle" (four wheeler) this weekend so that should give us the advantage if the lakes are not drivable this weekend.

We have another joint training scheduled with our Dive Team, Isanti County Safety Rescue and the Lindstrom Fire Department and their air boat for March 26th. That training is supposed to be a thin ice rescue training but it will more than likely be an open water dive. That one will be on Green Lake also. I am holding on to the hope that there will still be ice on the 26th and that the airboat will get us safely to an anchor rich training dive site.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by DetectorGuy - 03-17-2011, 09:49 AM