Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
03-18-2011, 02:42 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
I don't think anyone is in next year. I never got to mille lacs, that can't happen again. I like that pond too much.

Misery is a toll you pay for real adventure. All the history books support this. If is wasn't a little miserable everyone would dive ice. Seeing how we only got 7 guys diving out of 1200, I'll assume the rest know misery is unavoidable.

[/quote]

I dive because I enjoy it. For me it is a very relaxing and Zen like experience. The competition has definitely taken some of that away. I can still have an adventure without suffering. I bust ass all week long @ work with efficiency, and sometimes doing things I don't enjoy. But that is why I get paid to do it, because it's work. I like my weekends to be a little more relaxing,slower paced and with as little misery as possible. Finding anchors is an added bonus. Do adverse conditions and weather increase the challenge? Yes but along with that we take extra measures to prevent misery and suffering. If it doesn't become fun anymore, why bother. This is the only year I will be competing because of the above reasons.  8)
[/quote]
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by arcFlash - 03-18-2011, 02:42 PM