Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
03-20-2011, 08:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2011, 06:49 AM by Shooter.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

Misery is a toll you pay for real adventure. All the history books support this. If is wasn't a little miserable everyone would dive ice. Seeing how we only got 7 guys diving out of 1200, I'll assume the rest know misery is unavoidable.

[/quote]

I dive because I enjoy it. For me it is a very relaxing and Zen like experience. The competition has definitely taken some of that away. I can still have an adventure without suffering. I bust ass all week long @ work with efficiency, and sometimes doing things I don't enjoy. But that is why I get paid to do it, because it's work. I like my weekends to be a little more relaxing,slower paced and with as little misery as possible. Finding anchors is an added bonus. Do adverse conditions and weather increase the challenge? Yes but along with that we take extra measures to prevent misery and suffering. If it doesn't become fun anymore, why bother. This is the only year I will be competing because of the above reasons.  8)
[/quote]
[/quote]

OK, we have pushed the envelope, well beyond the bankrupt state of the USPostal Service, it is time, for all good things, to come to an end,,,,, turn out the lights, the party's over :'(. This is THE OFFICIAL ENDING WEEKEND of Trinity's 1st annual icing/anchoring challenge, March 19-20th 2011. Spring begins on Sunday, what better end.  I could not be more impressed with the sportmanship shown amongst all the slush slinging (almost exclusively from that group of henchmen, Team Isanti) the hometown team has prevailed, we have been down all contest, but yet have carved and clawed our way back to Steve solidly holding first place, we have continued to climb against seemingly insurmountable odds, how did we know for three straight weeks we would choose lakes that had, next to no anchors at all, and STILL find one or two there. Even Molly, continualy taking pics with my new big saw stating, "Terry, you are so much man," to inspire me, onward to cut, not just one, but to cut two, then three, onto four, as my endurance built up and then,,,,,finally 5 HOLES, a day. I cant hardly believe it myself.
                                  I need to go rest my typing finger, to be able to pull the trigger, of my huge saw, for tomorrow we must naugh, that last bit of claw, of anchors holding the dirt, as I get ready to tear off my shirt, not just to be like an Irish flirt, but to raise my hand like wing blowing up a skirt, ONWARD TO VICTORY FOR THE G-MEN TO ASSERT!                                  TRINITY
[/quote]
thanks for drawing the line in the sand,
before the game got out of hand.
Your competion was a blast,
i don't think anyone really came in last. 8)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Shooter - 03-20-2011, 08:52 PM