Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
03-21-2011, 03:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

As long as you don't like the way we presented it, let me speak frankly, if I may. Steve, If I gave you one anchor every time you wanted to quit, every time you called me a cheater, and every time you asked to change the rules (and then complained that there were too many rules), You would have been solidly in the lead. Then I could have had the bar that you set for me to aim for, to just do a little better in the end and win. With me in the lead most of the season (except for the Lake Elmo dive where you recovered the 10 anchors that were left during one of your open water "scouting" dives) I had no advantage of trying to catch someone. I needed to dive every time as if I was behind a hundred anchors. Yesterday you thought I was ahead in the morning, and I think I told you that you still had time to get more, 8 hours of daylight in fact. I really can't help the fact that you only wanted to get one more anchor than me, and not all the anchors that you could during the season. The length of the season was the same for you as it was for me. You started earlier, and I gave you the last day as a free ride day.

And as long as we are talking "for the record", I never would have thought about "sandbagging" the contest, by not posting a report of a dive until one day in the end of January when Terry asked us to "sandbag" a dive or two and not post our results, because you were getting edgy and going to quit the challenge for what ever reason at the time.
That is the truth, so I don't want to hear any more crap about how deceitful or underhanded it was that I won or Nate took second! I came into this thing with the second post warning all that I don't like losing. Well... even in winning, I am the biggest loser because of all the animosity. If I lose the friendship of anyone of you because of the way I conducted business during this challenge, then it was all in vain and like I said... I lose.

John

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by DetectorGuy - 03-21-2011, 03:18 PM