Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
03-22-2011, 08:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2011, 08:28 AM by Shooter.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

strat·e·gy   /ˈstrætɪdʒi/  Show Spelled
[strat-i-jee]  Show IPA

–noun, plural -gies. 
1. Also, strategics. the science or art of combining and employing the means of war in planning and directing large military movements and operations.
2. the use or an instance of using this science or art.
3. skillful use of a stratagem: The salesperson's strategy was to seem always to agree with the customer.
4. a plan, method, or series of maneuvers or stratagems for obtaining a specific goal or result: a strategy for getting ahead in the world.
I was playing the game in 2 different categories. The first category was the most obvious, finding and recovering the most anchors. The second category was most bottom time. It was also clearly stated in the beginning that there were teams of 2. How you can claim to win any of the categories is beyond me. I didn't win any of them either, but I did achieve my goal of our two-man team placing before you can be your two-man team.

I'm sure you would feel different, if you hadn't been outplayed. Look at the smug look on your face in your pictures when you thought you had beat us. Don't try to water down our achievements. You lost fair and square. Accept it and move on. If the shoe was on the other foot, that is what I would do. Losing sucks. I was there with John every step of the way. He earned it! He put in the extra time in creating the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow]. He has better navigational skills,searching skills, and planning than I do.  I can admit that. I was able to learn and adapt along the way.

It is a simple game. I harbor no feelings of ill will towards any of the competitors. There were plenty of shots given and taken throughout the competition. They were both entertaining and amusing. With each one the stakes were raised. It was good learning experience for me.  It  reminded me what I love most about diving, to escape from the rat race of  life, with all the noise, stress, responsibilities, and deadlines. To effortlessly float through space and see and enjoy the beauty of our underwater world.

Attached Files
.jpg_thumb   Survivor anchor challenge.JPG_thumb (Size: 24.35 KB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Survivor anchor challenge.JPG (Size: 898.43 KB / Downloads: 64)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Shooter - 03-22-2011, 08:33 AM