Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
03-28-2011, 07:42 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
I have always been a numbers guy. I am a firm believer that there is strength in numbers. I gotta say Terry, those numbers don't lie... You were more efficient than me. You pulled on average, one anchor every 16.2 minutes you were on the bottom. I was not so efficient. I pulled one anchor every 22.2 minutes on average. Nate pulled one every 24.5 minutes he was on the bottom. Now Steve... when we mentioned in the beginning about seeing who would get the most time under the ice...We did not mean immediately under the ice Wink. I think the anchors were all on the bottom, so I don't know why you stayed so shallow your computer didn't even turn on  Smile. Just messing with you man, but I wish you would have logged them so I can play with the data.

So the average dive time for Terrys 31 ice dives was 18.32 minutes per dive. The average dive time for my 24 ice dives was 46.25 minutes per dive.  Nates average dive time for his 21 ice dives was 47.9 minutes per dive, and if he wouldn't have called the dive after a couple minutes at Knife Lake he would have averaged 50.3 minutes per dive.

There was not any documentation as to how many Utahs were found by each versus how many real anchors (without re-reading this whole thread) but the ratio would be interesting to know. I am guessing 25% Utahs and 75% Real. Smack talk aside... I know for a fact that I would not have dove as much as I did this winter if you guys weren't such fierce competitors. I'm just glad that Scubafreek864 didn't get into the challenge until way late. He was picking up speed like a runaway train. Stay cool guys.
John

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by DetectorGuy - 03-28-2011, 07:42 PM