Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
04-01-2011, 10:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2011, 02:28 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

Terry, As far as you finding an anchor in an area we had just searched... Here is how that day went down:
We set up our hole just off Shadyland Point on Forest Lake and marked another hole (that we were going to use eventually) just to the West of there that was so close, the edges of the 150' radius' were touching each other. You and Joe thought we weren't on the up and up. You thought we gave you a location that was picked clean by us so you moved a ways further West to get a "fresh area" to find all the loot. That is the hole that you found your lonely anchor in. We ran the search pattern in our hole all day and came up with 7 anchors, a trolling motor, a fishing pole, and some other trinkets. While we were doing this Joe and you went to look at the sunken boat based on a tip from a fisherman. That hole skunked you because that hole had been picked clean by yours truly.

Terry, I know you are an electrician, so I will go through this slow and deliberate ;D. To travel 28.88 miles in 2116 minutes (1110 minutes for me and 1006 minutes for Nate) You need to convert the 2116 minutes into hours- 2116/60=35.26667 hours of bottom time for Nate and I. Let me know when you have that... Then take 28.88 miles traveled divided by the hours it took which is 35.26667. This equals .818904 miles per hour. I did not convert this to nautical MPH for you sea faring fellas, but I could do that too. Does that make sense? I am no spring chicken but .8 MPH is not that hard at all. I realize that you might be kinda worn out from all that cable pulling and whatnot, but us carpenters and sign makers stay pretty fit ;D

... Someday I will tell you about the time I tried out for American Gladiators back in '87.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by DetectorGuy - 04-01-2011, 10:21 AM