Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
06-07-2011, 12:15 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

OK, the Impulse is finally BACK, she's been tested both in Superior and Minnetonka, its time to BRING ON THE PRIZES, ( I was just going to split up my recovered anchors between Nate and John) but thought that wasnt enough for all their effort, so I'm thinking  some trips out to some wrecks in the big lake for the wieners, whoops, I mean winners, along with some fine grilling on board the Impulse, to those two slippery, I mean stellar divers from Isanity Co. Nate and John. I'm not bothered by the fact that most everyone I know feels they actually "stole" the win, on a technicality, thats beside the point, but hey, thats whats makes America great! I mean obviously Steve and I and Joe and Robert, the "G MEN", were much more efficient, at finding anchors, making us the true winners. Heres a pic and you can see the beaming pride in our faces the very last day and dive of the competition, Steve indicating his rightful place, and well, me just holding my huge tool. Much as Nate and John dropped the hammer, its time to bury the hatchet on my first icing challenge, and not in anyones forehead either :-\. Nate and John, Steve, Young Joe, Robert, Tulle, and myself, along with judges Christie, Bob, Angie and Patrick, it's been a good first year, it was a DANDY GOOD TIME! Some 200+ anchors were recovered, along with a bunch of lures and other jun,,,,stuff, lots was learned, I mean I myself was taught a bunch, hitting it that hard all winter long, like, dont dive a partially opened valve under the ice, dont hook fishermen lines, dont try to bring back more then 25 pounds of anchors without a lift bag, ESPECIALLY after, giving the signal to haul me out, dont cut the block with the saw blade angled in (that SUCKED!) There was a lot of cool people to meet too, the two guys who landed their plane on the ice to see what we were doing wrecking on Minnetonka, the family who stopped their snowmobiles to bs with us on Orchard Lake and we compared engine size with a young kid whose snowmobile had a 125cc engine verses my saw having a 95cc engine. There were "unique" people to meet too, like the old guy on Minnetonka, who was sure underwater video of the 5 (all female) therefore no offspring, Norwegian river sturgeon brought by James J. Hill from the Mississippi to Tonka many years ago would be worth at least $200,000, he estimated them to be 8-14' long  :-\.
                             In all seriouseness, CONGRATS, JOHN AND HATE! whoops NATE! you guys did a stellar job! Let me know a weekend or two this summer your both available we can go out wrecking. Look forward to having you both on board. I know Steve wont but if I have to hang over the side, even if its totally calm, its only due to the waves Wink       TRINITY

Curious what lessons learned the rest came up with, if you get a chance

Attached Files
.jpg   199.JPG (Size: 681.81 KB / Downloads: 65)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Terry - 06-07-2011, 12:15 PM