Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
06-08-2011, 09:16 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
My lessons learned are few because I hardly make mistakes. Smile

Terry and I never committed to winning. We're too old to fall for all the BS around winning, it's about the energy. I ride every Thursday at Buck Hill mountain bike races. I ride in the Advanced group and come in almost dead last (106 of 107). I usually beat some poor sole. But I'm last and I'm ok with that. I could win Beginner every week but why? The energy of being in the best group and trying to keep up is more enjoyable then winning. Terry and I didn't mind losing, we were behind all winter. We just wanted to run the race for the energy. Winning doesn't get you anything in the long run. Winning is always hollow, it means you didn't set the bar high enough. Do it enough and winning gets boring (I use to be really good at pool and winning was the norm and it stopped being fun)

My lesson learned, I did it correctly.  It's still fun to hunt for anchors. I didn't give up one thing to dive every weekend, I didn't make it a chore, I'd do it again next year and lose all the same.

Terry and I have dove every weekend since it ended.

I think I went in the hole without fins once as well.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by arcFlash - 06-08-2011, 09:16 AM