Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
08-09-2011, 02:53 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

Ya Grumps, it does seem to be a lethal swimming/boating season, glad your out there.
                Thanks John, I NEVER thought she'd see 20,000 reads. This coming season we'll change it up lots, see if we can pull in more divers. Probably go soft, (not something I'm use to) and use a shack more,  Wink since we wont need to change holes as much. Learned a bunch though, like, 1. ALWAYS make sure that tank valve is all the way open. 2. no need to use more then 200' of line, its too easy to cut a new hole, unless the ice is too poor to walk on. 3. ride the ice block down (is the way to go) unless your doing patterns, or pulling it with Nates plow, just not, my back. 4. Dont ask Molly to four wheel a new rode across the ice, least not with my truck. 5. If you ( opps, I mean if "I")  screw up the cut, so the triangle block wedges upon trying to sink it, leave it and cut another hole its less work then trying to correct a butchered hole. 6. If Young Joe comes back to the hole saying he was chased by a baby albino beaver, (with a tail like a rat, ?) it was probably an adult albino muskrat, not a new species. 7. Always agree to use Roberts 4 wheel ATV and trailer if the ice is too thin to drive trucks on, saves a LOT of work and its great fun to drive back to the truck. 8. Steves, "lessons learned are few, because I hardly make mistakes", I'm sorry,,,,WTF,,,, ALWAYS be ready to turn your head, so you dont blast your Horney Goat Brew all over your keyboard. 9. Look carefully at the neck of a bell before you grab her with the death grip, to wrestle it out of the mud, in case its actually a turtle head. Thats enough for now, lets hear from some others who learned a lesson on icing.    TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Terry - 08-09-2011, 02:53 PM