Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
08-10-2011, 03:30 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

All good ideas,
                    Young Joe, "a hole taking more then a min. to cut being a waste of time" I never saw more then 25-26" last year, going to have to really lean into my new saw when/if ice gets to 34-35" this winter to do it in under a min. but I'll try.
                    John, your 20cft pony should be sufficient (based on breathing rate), as most all ice dives are pretty shallow, I did one years ago in Grindstone up near Hinkley to 127' where you might want more volume, but I dont think we ever hit 70' this winter. I use to back mount my 30cft, but am happier to side sling it. Although when my air shut off 200' out in West Minnetonka, after I exhailed to desend from just under the ice surface, and I give the signal to be hauled out before I reached for your pony, thinking she has been sitting out on the ice for 6 hours or so  :-\  sure made me glad I had, ANY pony, she'd of been a LONG 200' otherwise.
                    Huski makes some covers to fit over the air vents along with some baffles that can be modified to pull carb. intake air off the piston cooling fins to help keep the carb from icing, but I found the best way to keep the chain from freezing to the bar or clutch assembley was to take her to WOT for a few seconds after pulling her from the ice to help blow some water off everything.
                    Will remember the "blood grooves" for this winter, that I saw on Forest L. looks like a good idea with a shack.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Terry - 08-10-2011, 03:30 PM