Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
02-28-2012, 04:15 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

We used the anchor challenge for training purposes. When we get a call to recover something or someone from a body of water, we usually don't have precise Intel on the location. That means we need to cover a lot of ground, and make sure the object isn't in our search area before we move on. This is also why we chose to do almost all of our diving in Isanti County, to familiarize ourselves with the lakes in our county, when we get the call. My navigational skills continually need improvement. This type of search pattern proved very efficient and effective. I think the reason Green Lake had so many "mini archaeological sites"is the consistent poor visibility. In the summertime, the average is 1 to 2 feet. It is also a fairly large lake, with good fishing. Not many people want to dive it. There is another lake less than a mile away, spectacle Lake, which has 15 foot plus visibility in the summertime. Most of those "mini archaeological sites", have been plundered by divers with crowbars  :Smile.
John, the author and architect of the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow], perfected the art of overlaying a lake map, on a Google map with GPS coordinates. This would allow us to concentrate our search patterns on key highly fished areas. More fishermen equals more booty on the bottom.  ;D. we got really good at doing search patterns. When our lift bags got too heavy, we would swim back to the hole, drop off our treasure, swim a compass heading back, and resume the pattern. Just reminiscing about it puts me in a Zen-like state.  8) a very relaxing dive  8) 8). The patterns became a little more difficult with the varying depth and contours.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - by Shooter - 02-28-2012, 04:15 PM