Remember me
Lost Password Register

Aggressor Liveaboards
11-11-2010, 12:47 PM,
Aggressor Liveaboards
Time to start looking ahead to Feb. Has anyone done the Aggressor liveaboard in the Caymens? I did the Aqua Cat in the Bahamas last year, hoping for similar results!!
11-13-2010, 09:01 AM,
Re: Aggressor Liveaboards

I've not dove off the Belize Aggressor but have toured it, and it was FINE nicer then the Wave Dancer, the Agressor fleet certinly has a stellar reputation, at the time it was considered the finest liveaboard in the Carib. I was diving off Peter Hughes, Wave Dancer (another excellent boat) 4 months before it sank in a Cat 4 hurricain, taking with 17 passangers and 3 crew, the largest loss of life in a recreational diving accident world wide, ever. Theres an excellent book about what to do, and not do on a liveaboard during storms called, No Safe Harbour, by Joe Burnworth, the short version (storm on not) is ALWAYS keep a small dive lite with you close at night, storms, pirates, fires, sinkings, explosions, collisions, if you wake up in a strange place, your room tilted 90 degrees in the dark with water and diesel fuel pouring in the door, it could make the difference  between surviving or not. Enjoy your trip!        TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
11-13-2010, 10:44 AM,
The Cayman Aggressor will be a little different as it is a mono hull verses the Aqua Cat so it won't be as wide.  We have charted it several times and everyone has had a great time.  If  you charter it through us (we are and Aggressor Dealer) or use our name Aggressor has a small gift they will send you.  Our Referral code is:NS-3454.
A couple of other benefits if you book an Aggressor Fleet trip you can get $100.00 off on Aqua Lung gear on a purchase of $500.00 or more.
Plus SSI has teamed up with Aggressor Fleet to promote the SSI Digital Photography Specialty.

The promotion is very simple: Buy the Digital Photography specialty Kit
at 50% off. Take the Digital Photography Course and you earn a $250 discount travel voucher on any Aggressor Fleet trip.  The only rule is the trip has to be booked within 90 days of December 31, 2010 for travel within the next 12 months.

I think  you will enjoy your trip.  We have never had a bad trip on any of the Aggressor Boats we have booked over the years.  If fact there are several of them that we have used multiple times.

Myron
02-14-2011, 01:55 PM,
We have 16 people set to leave for the Cayman Islands and the Aggressor liveaboard. I hope this is as nice as everyone says it is. The weather looks like it will cooperate so all should be good!! I let everyone know how it was!!! Smile
02-28-2011, 12:44 PM,
Just got back from Grand Cayman and the Aggressor liveaboard. The weather was great, 85 and sunny, no rain and only a little wind! All in all it was a good vacation but I will admit that I'll never go back there. It might be the most expensive place I've ever been. $27 for a cobb salad!! Three others went to Breezes 6 drinks and Nachos $95. Grand Cayman is a nice city but nothing that special to bring me back!!
The positives on this trip was the diving!!! We made the trip to Little Cayman, it was great diving on Bloody Bay wall, some of the best in the caribean. We saw a lot of sea life, and the reef was fantastic!! We were able to do 22 dives during the week and each was very good. We dived the Kittewake a ship wreck that they sunk in Jan., it was a great wreck!!! It would be interesting to see this wreck in 10 years when it has some growth.
I liked the Aggressor, the food was good, and crew was very helpful with everything! If you get the chance, do this trip but bring some $ as anything away from the boat is expensive!!
03-11-2011, 11:15 AM,
I was on the boat with Dive4fun and I agree with everything he said.  Cayman is a very expensive island, probably why there is a bank on every corner.  However you are on the boat for the entire week and no need really to spend any $ there.  My wife and I also experienced the wonderful salads, $90 for 2 salads, a desert, a glass of wine and a soda.  I will travel with the Aggressor again, that is my kind of diving.

During the crossing to Little Cayman it was a little rough.  I think Dive4fun will agree with me that the view from the back of the boat was the place to be.  Wink 

I would do it again but there are a lot of other places to see before that.   
03-11-2011, 12:52 PM,
Grand Cayman is one of the offshore banking capitals of the world.  When I was there ten years ago the locals said there were a couple hundred banks located in Georgetown alone.  A week after I left the island someone was swimming near the beach by my hotel and bumped into a briefcase floating in the water.  Inside the briefcase were $1MM plus in hundred dollar bills.  The person turned the briefcase into the police.  He could have walked a block from the beach and deposited the money at numerous banks -- no questions asked. The police thought the case was the result of a drug deal gone bad.
--Jason