Remember me
Lost Password Register

GLSPS Upper Midwest Scuba & Adventure Travel Show
02-11-2011, 05:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 01:50 AM by usediver.)
GLSPS Upper Midwest Scuba & Adventure Travel Show

Thank you to all who supported us this year and we look forward to next years show!

Save your camera work for...FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES ! 

YOUR  diving and/or underwater related home movies , still's and stories
                are welcome at the evening party next year
  please email to let us know when you have something to share

Here is what we presented in Feb 2011

at the 12th annual Upper Midwest Scuba & Adventure Travel Show

The Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society announces the 12th annual Upper Midwest Scuba & Adventure Travel Show. For over a decade the nonprofit organization Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society has sponsored Minnesota’s only Scuba Show. Now in our 12th year the expanded show is bigger and better then ever before. From wrecks to tech, travel to apparel, visitors from beginners to professionals will find something to enjoy at the UMSAT Show.

The show was held at the beautiful Northland Inn all suites hotel located in the Northern Minneapolis suburb of Brooklyn Park. The weekend starts with a social gathering Friday night.

Our Saturday speaker lineup included extraordinary industry professionals Dr. Phil Nuytten and Dr. John Broadwater as well as presentations by a Great Lakes shipwreck explorer, world class divers, mariners, instructors, and photographers. Discover SCUBA and Discover Rebreathers classes will be held in the hotel pool on Saturday.

Spend a day exploring the oceans, Great Lakes shipwrecks, and exotic dive destinations. Shop the best of Minnesota’s scuba shops, meet representatives, plan your next vacation or class, and ask questions all in one location. Then top off the day with a banquet, again featuring guest speaker Phil Nuytten.

Speakers include ...
  Dr. Phil Nuytten, creator of the world famous Newt Suit, a submarine that you wear, well known for captivating audiences in retelling his adventures.
  Dr. John Broadwater will share his experiences as he directed seven major expeditions to the famous Civil War ironclad warship USS Monitor.
  David Trotter has been featured on television and dive publications for his many shipwreck discoveries. His presentation will highlight the exciting discovery of the schooner Marion Egan.
  Photographer Steve Philbrook owner of Aquaventures will introduce us to underwater digital photography.
  Keith Cormican, owner of Wazee Sports Center will discuss public safety diving and training.
  Captain Mike Tougas, will share his photographs and experiences as a live aboard captain that have taken him to the far corners of the earth and back.

WHAT: 12th Annual Upper Midwest Scuba and Adventure Travel Show
WHEN: Friday, February 25th through Saturday February 26, 2011.
WHERE: Northland Inn & Conference Center,
           7025 Northland Drive North,
           Brooklyn Park, MN, 55428.
    at 694 and boone ave no

WHO: Anyone interested in scuba diving, travel opportunities, shipwreck diving, ocean diving, technical diving, charter boat diving, training, maritime history, underwater photography and videography.

Free admission to exhibitor area. Speaker tickets,  Special lunch and dinner packages also offered, see our web site, for more details.
   Students receive free admission to Speakers Hall when accompanied by an adult. Children under 6 are free.

FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES ! 

are welcome at the evening party
  please email to let us know when you have something to share

Friday evening Feb 25th at the Northland Inn  Hotel and Conv. Center
                      at 694 and boone ave no

open to all,    come,  visit and preview the fun avail sat the 26th!

just visit the web site      for show contact people

About the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society
The Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization established in 1996 to stabilize and protect our deteriorating shipwrecks of the Great Lakes region. The GLSPS sponsored show began in 1999 to showcase shipwreck diving, sport diving and maritime history in the Great Lakes and has expanded over the years to include: ocean diving, cave diving, exhibitors, raffle and silent auction. It is the major fund raiser for supporting the GLSPS projects. To learn more about GLSPS projects, events or how you can become a member, please visit our website at .
02-26-2011, 03:15 PM,
Re: GLSPS Scuba Adventure Travel Show Feb 25-26
It was fun to see many of you at the show today. I can't wait for mid April and a new dive season to start again.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
02-26-2011, 05:04 PM,

the dive season doesn't stop! ive got 15 dives in this year  Smile
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
02-26-2011, 05:14 PM,
Well I am not currently ice diving so mid-April is about the earliest I can out. I am fine in 42-45 degree water with my wetsuit as I do not have dry suit and I do not think my reg setup is good for ice diving either although I could be wrong.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
02-26-2011, 05:26 PM,
It was nice seeing everyone at the show today, sorry to have missed others that I was looking forward to seeing. I hope everyone had a good time and thanks to all the vendors for sharing their time with us.
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
03-03-2011, 01:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2011, 02:13 PM by usediver.)
Re: GLSPS Upper Midwest Scuba & Adventure Travel Show
      Thank You to everyone that support the show each year
       and we invite you to look further into the GLSPS
    and join us in our endeavors and projects in the upcoming year!

10-02-2011, 09:39 PM,
2012 GLSPS Upper Midwest Scuba & Adventure Travel Show

Feb 2012 ------ The Upper Midwest Scuba Adventure & Travel show  ----Feb 2012

Thank you to all who supported us last year and we look forward to this years show!

Save your camera work for...FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES ! 

are welcome at the evening party next year
  please email to let us know when you have something to share  -  contact -  kmerryman@glsps.org 

2012 dates are Feburary  24th  and 25th  2012 
                        at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and Center in Brooklyn Center mn.
                        The Crowne Plaza is at 694 and Shingle Creek Parkway

more info is forthcoming or visit us thru the sites below...

contact  -  aleonard4@yahoo.com