Remember me
Lost Password Register

WTB prescription diving mask
03-04-2011, 04:50 PM,
WTB prescription diving mask
While I know every ones masks are different, wondering if anyone can recommend a place to order and pick up a prescription lenses and mask.  Could go online though I figured I'd check with those who have experience before I trust my mask to a random website.  All help is appreciated.
Josh
&quot;Speak softly and carry a BIG stick&quot;<br />Teddy Roosevelt
03-04-2011, 06:02 PM,
Re: WTB prescription diving mask
First things first, do you have your Dr's prescription available to compare apples to apples.

Know what style of mask you want.

You will probably get better service going through your local dive center because they can make sure that the focal points of the mask lenses will be where your eyes are.

I bought my hubby a gift certificate for a mask for him to pick out the one that fit him best.  Then when he got his new glasses, we took the scirip in to the dive shop to get the lenses installed on his choice of mask. 

I bought a mask on e-bay and got lucky that it had a prescription close to mine.

Good Luck!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
03-04-2011, 06:55 PM,
Re: WTB prescription diving mask
....prescriptions are only good for a year (just found that out myself) so you may want to look into that first....you'll need your LDS (or someone who knows how) to mark the focal point....my LDS (Diversions Scuba) sent mine to  & I'm waiting to get my new mask back. Check out the website...they explain the process...... good luck....
Dive Safe