Remember me
Lost Password Register

Steamboat Inn dive shop motel Branford fla
03-31-2011, 10:41 PM,
Steamboat Inn dive shop motel Branford fla
Hi,
  Has anybody stayed here,i cannot find any decent reviews of this place. ???
        Thanks,Jerry >Big Grin
04-03-2011, 06:38 PM,
Re: Steamboat Inn dive shop motel Branford fla
Though I must admit, I’ve never stayed there, but the Steamboat Inn does not look like a nice place to stay.  It looks worse than High Spring’s Alamo Motel.  Over the past seven years I’ve probably driven past it 50 to 80 times, and never once have I seen a car parked out in front of it.  For the longest time I thought it was vacant and abandoned.  Though not in Branford, the area has much nicer accommodations.  If you’re set on a 1950s era motel, try either Cindy’s Motel in Mayo or High Springs Country Inn in High Springs.  If you’d rather do cabins, try River Rendezvous near Mayo or Cathy’s Dive Outpost in Luraville (Dive Outpost is also a great place to stay if you are traveling alone, since most of her accommodations are set up as shared facility bunkhouses).  Branford does have the benefit of being about halfway between the caves near Luraville and Ginnie Springs near High Springs, so if you’re looking for that feature, try someplace in Lake City which has lots of choices, probably some good (I on the other hand, hate to commute, and usually stay near Luraville when I’m diving near there, and in High Springs when diving Ginnie, and dive Little River Cave just north of Branford the day I move between the two locations).  - Kirk 
04-04-2011, 07:34 AM,
+1 for High Springs Country Inn in High Springs
04-04-2011, 07:54 AM,
High Springs Country Inn in High Springs is workable. It wasn't nice but it was inexpensive, had WiFi and other divers to talk to in the evening. The blinds didn't open and the window didn't close all the way, the carpet was down to threads but I'd do it again tomorrow.

+1 for High Springs Country Inn in High Springs
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM,
Re: Steamboat Inn dive shop motel Branford fla Thanks for info!
Hi,
  Thanks guys for the info,sorry took so long to reply. ;D

Staying at Cindys motel like we did Nov 2009.

Seahunt event live Memorial day at Silver springs if any one is interested.
                    Jerry