Remember me
Lost Password Register

nite dive
04-07-2011, 07:47 PM,
nite dive
We went out and dove the coffee channel last nite,  Vis was about 10 feet at best. The narrows channel is open but it will be 10-14 days before the big lake is open.
If any one would like to do a nite dive there I have a couple of quartz lites we can use and make it the first nite dive of the summer
04-08-2011, 01:48 PM,
Re: nite dive
whats was vis like? also how bad are the snags in those channels. north arm has some concreate with rebar.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-10-2011, 08:11 AM,
Wow thats a cool spot. and water is high enough you just roll back up on to the concreate causeway. no climbing rusty bridge ladders.

vis not as good as east side, but way better than typical for this area. 10ft-12! how old is the wooden wall half way down to bottom. I would bet from 1800's before the present dam was built, and water level was at original levels.

arguably the most interesting structure filled spot on the lake.

vis on east side has drooped this weekend 10-15 or so. water is slushing back and forth. I'm bummed as i brough my camera and basically got skunked for vidsSad
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-10-2011, 03:14 PM,
How many want too make a nite dive in the narrows channel next sat nite? 
04-11-2011, 06:23 AM,
Hey Grumpie! Where is this place?
Thanks... Pat
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-11-2011, 12:20 PM,
Its on co rd 19 between navarre and excelsior. The channel divides the upper and lower lake.
04-11-2011, 06:21 PM,
sure count me in.lake is opening up, Ice might not last till then.but if your going id come.
04-11-2011, 06:58 PM,
we need to find some more guys.
04-11-2011, 07:03 PM,
meet at 6 under the bridge. I have a small gen and some lites may be get in two dives.
04-11-2011, 09:38 PM,
I'm a maybe on this one... gotta see how the earlier in the day schedule works out to see if I can fit this in too!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!