Remember me
Lost Password Register

freediving in drysuit
04-13-2011, 11:43 AM,
freediving in drysuit
Curious if anyone has freedove in a drysuit.also curious as to what to do with inflator hookup. can this be simply left unhooked up.

I imagine that if all air is squeezed out it should be close to the same as a 7mil wetsuit in performance
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-13-2011, 01:36 PM,
Re: freediving in drysuit
You can leave the inflator unhooked but there is no insulation as you dive... plus by the time you are back to the surface you are vacuum packed. Wetsuits are cheap enough and work much better... my question is the opposite.. I have a freediving wetsuit that I use camping.. but would the non cloth covered cammo outside get ripped to shreds with scuba gear on it? I have a bc vest that might be more gentle than my backplate... I realy like my cressi profesional fins but can't use them with my drysuit
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
04-13-2011, 02:32 PM,
Re: freediving in drysuit

I occasionally strap on a tank over my unlined suits.. no problem, even the hiewa suits take it o.k..  I am careful to look for anything that might have an edge on it.   
Cold and dark down there huh?