Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba Warnings?
04-15-2011, 11:43 AM,
Scuba Warnings?
not sure what to think. I'm starting the year off with two bazaar occurrence.

in one week i had an encouter with a state enforcement officer(DNR I believe was on truck but it looked like sheriff) who sat and watched me. I approached friendly and asked if he had any objections to me diving. then he asked if i had found anything. sounded like he was interested mainly in homicide related items. I of course reassured him that anything that might seem like such i would report.

second encouter was a third person warning thru an acquaintance that any items underwater 90 days or longer are property of the state.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-15-2011, 11:53 AM,
Re: Scuba Warnings?
Sounds like a lot of speculation on your part.  ???

If you find something of value, don't post about it on here.  ;D  >Big Grin
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM,
Are they upset over all the anchors? Tell them to ask DetectorGuy.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-15-2011, 12:45 PM,
I'm telling on everyone Tongue  Wink  I didn't do it..
Cold and dark down there huh?
04-15-2011, 02:29 PM,

I know nuthin' and I can prove it!  :-X
04-15-2011, 02:33 PM,
You lie and we'll all swear to it  >Big Grin
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-15-2011, 02:36 PM,

I wish someone WOULD tell on me, I need to be stopped!
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
04-15-2011, 03:16 PM,
why is it that I never have these problems ? I guess its my  good looks and great smile. I use crest tooth paste.
04-15-2011, 03:48 PM,
I guess I won't do any more trash pickups.  Or I guess I'll just have to drop it in the DNR parking lot.  >Big Grin

Hmmm.  I wonder how they'll be able to tell if the golf balls I find have been there more than 90 days?
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
04-15-2011, 07:32 PM,
With just about any profession, there is a supervisor that always has to ask a subordinate: "If you don't have anything to do, I can find you something".  This is probably the case here as well.  Years ago when we had problems at Calhoun, we had an old pepsi bottle, a rotted wood keg and a rusted kids fishing pole confiscated by a Park Police officer.  When we taked to his supervisor about this and other issues, the supervisor was embarressed and apologetic about the incident.  The Park board has revised the policy that items over $25.00 need to be turned over.  The next issue: who estimates the value?  I think it is safe to say that cans and other items although could be property of the state, but they are more interested in bikes, boats, bodies, Bongs, Bugs(VW). 

Another funny part about the stuff the Park police took, was after he told us he needed to take the stuff, he soon realized how badly the stuff actually smelled and that we were not going to carry it over and set it in the back of his truck.  Sorry pal, property of the state. Can't help ya ;D
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson