Remember me
Lost Password Register

nite dive two.
04-16-2011, 09:07 PM,
nite dive two.
Thanks everybody for showing up. the weather was not the best,but for me the people were great. I even had some one offer to take a shower with me at the BIG HOUSE.
Lets look at making the next one on 5/22/11, at little long lake at 1800 hrs. If we think about it, maybe hot dogs and pop.
think about it, we are open to anyone that wants to come.
good nite grumpie.
04-17-2011, 09:27 AM,
Re: nite dive two.

spot is good for snorkeling has clear water and underwater platforms for divers. free to park.
Little long  lake in Mound.
I will scout the spot and try to figure a tom tom /map quest  address.
I'm going to try bring a grill.and hot dogs .perhaps someone else would donate pop
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-17-2011, 10:48 AM,
I'd be game for that. I have dove Little Long lake before - sounds like fun! I'll put it on my calendar.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-18-2011, 01:19 PM,
Although I didnt dive - it was a blast and I will definetly be there for nite dive 2 at Little Long Lake.  I love that place...

We will bring our grill, some dogs and snacks as well.

Oh and from what I remember Grumpy offered the shower to someone not the other way around.....LOL

Few photo's from nite dive one:

04-18-2011, 03:07 PM,
vis was low.
but this was two weeks ago. enjoy!
I spent half a day messing with this file re-compressing till i got a codex that fit youtubes requirements. was HD

let me know what you think of video quality. music was random pick by youtube.

S
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-18-2011, 06:46 PM,
Heads up, this gathering is this weekend. free no charge to show up.I'm planing on bringing my grill and will try to stock up on drinks/and a large cooler if time permits.
05-18-2011, 08:02 PM,
Assuming the weather is good, I plan to be there.
05-20-2011, 07:33 AM,
for those who navigate by Tom-Tom
the address box next to the park is
1450 game Farm Rd( it might come up as 1450 gamefarm rd E) Mound MN

Directions from Mound City. you take Co Rd 110 north just past PDQ gas station you will See sign for boat launch. just on top of small hill it is left for game farm rd w(left side and game farm road is now fully paved.) park entrance is almost exactly 2.2 miles from 110 turn.
the park has a sign and the entrance is were the road  takes a sharp turn in front of the lake.

from shore i saw sunfish, largemouth, and a crappie. water looks alittle on the green side. also saw green filiment free floating algae(bad sign), so looks like lake is stressing and still establishing new weedbeds.
so vis is probably lower than would be
05-20-2011, 07:43 AM,
so once again. i plan to be there. will bring extra food and drink for any who come to share.

not sure how much interesting things to see. but if someone else besides me is going in, i will follow. if no one has cahoonas to go, i will at least be grilling lakeside.
05-20-2011, 11:58 AM,
Kevin and I will be there pending any thunderstorms

What size grill are you guys bringing?  Wondering if you think we will need to bring our compact grill as well?