Remember me
Lost Password Register

My First video
05-01-2011, 08:50 PM,
My First video
I bought a little go pro for our trip to Jamaica and I finally got around to editing one of the videos. I still have some more to edit and maybe some changes to this one, but here it is so far.

This was also my first time using any camera underwater and first time editing. I hope you like it!

05-01-2011, 10:08 PM,
Re: My First video
not much for fish eh?  ???
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-02-2011, 06:44 AM,
All in all a very nice video for your first time! Glad you had a lot of fun.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
05-02-2011, 07:20 AM,
Nice video.  Looking forward to more.  Smile
05-02-2011, 08:00 AM,
No that dive there were very few fish.  More towards the end of the dive (which I didn't get because my battery died).  There were also a big group of rays I didn't get.

Any suggestions on what i could do better for my next videos?
05-02-2011, 08:48 AM,
Looks great for a first effort!  (I've only tried video a couple times and I was way too shaky - you seemed pretty steady)  I'd suggest going somewhere with more fish!  Maybe give yourself just a little more space between the diver ahead of you so you don't get so many fin kicks coming into the frame.  Liked your self portrait stuff at the beginning - it'll be nice to have that visual record in a few years to make you remember the trip better!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
05-02-2011, 05:21 PM,
a few things that I tell myself every time I'm videoing underwater... move the camera slow, and even slower than that.  When you pan, pan slow, and even that isn't slow enough so pan even slower.  If you see a huge ray or shark (or other fish or object of interest).. pan slowly over to it or be prepared to edit out everything up until you get the object settled into the frame.

I still move the camera way to fast and I'm telling myself all the time.. slow down, slow down, slow down.  It's tough.  Maybe because I'm holding my breath it makes it tougher.. but that also makes for no bubble sounds.
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-03-2011, 08:56 AM,
Thanks guys.  It was really weird because I had never used that camera before so I didn't know what to expect.  We got back from that dive and watched it on the computer and I immediately noticed that I had to slow down.  Like you said freediver, I slowed down the next dive.  I thought I was going way too slow...still too fast!  I got better as I dove more, but I defiantly still need to SLOW DOOOOOOOWN!!!!

That first dive was crazy...people on top of people everywhere.  We tried to get out of the cluster but nobody else was watching.  After that dive it got a lot better.

I'm fixing the color a little bit, I'll update it sometime in the next few days.  Thanks again!